Location of Teiuș
|Coordinates: 46°12′0″N 23°40′48″E / 46.20000°N 23.68000°ECoordinates: 46°12′0″N 23°40′48″E / 46.20000°N 23.68000°E|
|• Mayor||Mirel Hălălai (Social Democratic Party)|
|• Total||44.56 km2 (17.20 sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Teiuș (Romanian pronunciation: [teˈjuʃ], German: Dreikirchen, Dornstadt; Hungarian: Tövis) is a town in Alba County, Romania, near the junction between the Stremț/Geoagiului Creek and the Mureș River, with a population of 7,284 inhabitants. The town, declared as such in 1994, is a junction point on the Cluj-Napoca - Sighișoara railway. It has several old churches, the most notable being the 17th century Uniate church and the Roman Catholic church, built for John Hunyadi in 1449 and rebuilt (1701–1704) in a simple Gothic style.
The town administers four villages: Beldiu (Marosbéld), Căpud (Magyarkapud), Coșlariu Nou (Újkoslárd) and Pețelca (Pacalka).
|Source: Census data|
- Teiuș train station
- House in Teiuș near train station
- Reformed church in Teiuș
- Interior of the Greek-Catholic church in Teiuș
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Teiuș.|