October 24, 1962|
Kanggime, Yahukimo Regency, Netherlands New Guinea
|Genre||Fantasy, Thriller, Psychological thriller, Horror, Mystery|
The Bride Collector,
The Priest's Graveyard,
|Relatives||Rachelle Dekker (daughter)|
Dekker was born to non-denominational missionaries John Dekker, a Dutch Canadian and Helen Dekker, an American from Montana, United States. Every five years the Dekkers would get a sabbatical for a year which was spent at the mother's home town in Montana. Ted and his brother were able to spend a year with their parents during the full year leave. Because his parents’ work often included extended periods of time away from their children, Dekker describes his early life in a culture to which he was a stranger as both fascinating and lonely. It is this unique upbringing that forced him to rely on his own imagination to create a world in which he belonged.
After leaving Indonesia, Dekker graduated from high school and took up permanent residence in the United States to study philosophy and religion. Upon earning his bachelor's degree, he entered the corporate world.
In the early nineties Dekker turned to writing novels. Over the course of three years he wrote two full-length novels before starting from scratch and rewriting both. He sold his business, moved his family to the mountains of Western Colorado and began writing full-time on his third novel. Two years and three novels later his first novel was published. To date he has written over 30 novels and is best known for psychological thrillers and fantasy tales that dive deep into the human psyche.
Dekker’s novels have sold over 10 million copies worldwide. Two of his novels, Thr3e and House, have been made into movies. Dekker resides in Austin, Texas with his wife Lee Ann and one of their daughters.
The oldest of his four children, and first daughter Rachel Dekker is also a writer.
- 2003 Christy Award Best Fiction Book forThr3e
- 2003 ECPA Gold Medallion Award Best Fiction Book for Thr3e
- 2010 Retailer Choice Award for Green
- 2010 Audio File Earphones Award Best Audiobook for The Bride Collector
- 2010 INSPYs Bloggers Award for Excellence in Faith-Driven Literature Speculative Fiction for Green
- 2012 RT Reviewers Choice Award Inspirational Suspense for The Sanctuary
- 2014 Christy Award Best Suspense Book for Outlaw
- 2015 INSPYs Bloggers Award for Excellence in Faith-Driven Literature Mystery/Thriller for A.D. 30
The Books Of History Chronicles
The Circle Series
- Black: The Birth of Evil (2004)
- Red: The Heroic Rescue (2004)
- White: The Great Pursuit (2004)
- Green: The Beginning and the End (2009) (Known as "Green: The Last Stand" in The Circle 4-in-1 due to Alternate Ending)
The Paradise Series
The Lost Books Series
- Chosen (2008)
- Infidel (2008)
- Renegade (2008)
- Chaos (2008)
- Lunatic (2009) with Kaci Hill
- Elyon (2009) with Kaci Hill
The Books Of Mortals Series
- The Keeper (2011) with Tosca Lee
- Forbidden (2011) with Tosca Lee
- Mortal (2012) with Tosca Lee
- Sovereign (2013) with Tosca Lee
- House (2006) with Frank Peretti
- Skin (2007)
- Immanuel's Veins (2010)
- The Blood Book (2011) with Kevin Kaiser and Josh Olds
- Blink (2003)
- Thr3e (2003)
- Obsessed (2005)
- Blink Of An Eye (2007)
- Adam (2008)
- Kiss (2009) with Erin Healy
- BoneMan's Daughters (2009)
- Burn (2010) with Erin Healy
- The Bride Collector (2010)
- The Priest's Graveyard (2011)
- The Sanctuary (2012)
The Caleb Series
The Heaven Trilogy
- Heaven's Wager (2000)
- When Heaven Weeps (2001)
- Thunder Of Heaven (2002)
- Outlaw (2013)
- Eyes Wide Open (2014)
- Water Walker (2014)
- Hacker (2014)
- The Promise (2005)
- The Drummer Boy (2006)
- To Kill With Reason (2010)
- Genesis (2011)
- A.D. 30 (2014)
- A.D. 33 (2015)
- The Forgotten Way (2015)
- The Slumber Of Christianity (2005)
- Tea with Hezbollah (2010) with Carl Medearis
- The Forgotten Way (2015)
- "About Ted" Teddekker.com April, 2010
- "Ted Dekker". newnetherlandinstitute.org.
- "Ted Dekker Author Profile - Biography And Bibliography - NewReleaseTuesday.com". newreleasetuesday.com.
- "About Ted" teddekker.com May 18, 2015
- "The Reader's Advisor--Christy Award Winners". sachemlibrary.org.
- "Awards for Ted Dekker".
- "2014 Winners + Finalists".
- Squeezing the Reader’s Heart by Guthrie, Stan. Christianity Today. Oct 2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p. 96
- “Ted Dekker: Black, white and read.” Fowlds, Sean. Publishers Weekly 250.37 Sep 15, 2003
- “Ted Dekker’s Life.” Joshuadigangisbiggestfan.tripod.com/bio.html. Ted Dekker Fansite, 2009
- “Gossip, Scandal & Things Of The Odd Best-selling Author Shaped By Cannibals, Christiantiy.” http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/. Copyright © 2008-2009 Infinity Books Japan All Rights Reserved. This Newsletter Created Exclusively for Infinity Books Japan by Out Sourcing Pro, n. d. Web.
- Official website
- Ted Dekker at the Internet Movie Database
- Ted Dekker at Library of Congress Authorities, with 65 catalog records