T. K. Rajeev Kumar
|T. K. Rajeev Kumar|
|Residence||Kowdiar, Trivandrum, India|
|Other names||Rajeev Kumar|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (165 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Latha Kurien Rajeev|
|Children||Mrinal Rajeev & Kirtana Rajeev|
TK indirakutty Amma|
Late TS Karunakara Panicker
T. K. Rajeev Kumar (born 1961 in Kottayam, India) is a National Award winning Indian director of Malayalam films, from Trivandrum. A Show Director,Theatre Actor & Percussionist ( Mridangam ). Founder member & leader of the Musical Band Blue Birds in 1980 & Super Mimics, a comedy show in 1979. Kerala University Winner of Mono Act in the University Youth Festivals. 1980 - 82 Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy winner for Mono Act.1979 - 82.
TK Rajeev Kumar was the Chairman of Kerala State Chalachitra Academy from 2003 to 2006. He was also the Director of IFFK International Film Festival of Kerala from 2003 to 2006 and was the Vice-Chairman of Kerala State Chalachitra Academy in 2002. He was nominated as Jury chairman for Kerala State Film Awards 2007.Member,Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerece & Industry (FICCI) Member, General Council, Film & Television Institute, Pune (2003–2008). He was the Founder Artistic Director of JTPac, Kochi (Jose Thomas Performing Art Centre). Now the Artistic Director of Blue Mermaid Events, Kochi. Conceived & directed more than40 International shows, 4 plays, 80 National Cultural events & State Pageantries.
He was the Creative Director for the 35th NATIONAL GAMES OF INDIA 2015 held in Kerala - OPENING & CLOSING CEREMONIES
His only brother TK Sajeev Kumar, Visual Editor at Kerala Kaumudi & is the Chief Editor of Flash Movies published by Kerala Kaumudi group.Sajeev Kumar T.K has been re-appointed as Society for News Design regional director for Asia and South Pacific. He runs a website www.newspaperdesign.in about news designing in India and the neighboring countries.
He is closely related to the family of renowned Nadaswaram performers Ambalapuzha Brothers. His talents were identified early by Sri.Ramunni ( lead actor of Aravindan's Kumatty ) the younger brother of Ambalapuzha brothers. Sri.Ramunni took the initiative and he was made the disciple of Ghattom exponent Alleppey Prabhu, under him he started the early lessons of the percussion instrument Mridangam. He continued his Mridangam studies later with renowned percussionist Mavelikkara SR Raju in Trivandrum. During his college days in Government Arts College, Trivandrum, Prof: Aliyar Kunju gave the exposure to University Youth Festivals, Theatre Productions & Film Societies. Ad Film Maker Late Mathew Paul,introduced him to Jijo & Jose of Navodaya films. Former General Manager of State Bank of Travancore Sri: Sreenivasan gave him all the support to become a film maker.
TK Rajeev Kumar was born in Thazhathupurrakal family, Thirunaekkara, Tekkumgopuram in Kottayam district, Kerala. His school education started from Baker Kindergarten School,Kottayam(1966–70) and continued in MT seminary high school ( 1971–72)followed by SDV School,Alleppey( 1973–75) and in MT seminary high school ( 1971-72 & 1976 )Kottayam. His college studies started off from Government Arts College, Trivandrum ( 1976–78) and graduated from University College, Thiruvananthapuram( 1978-82. He was a student of Law Academy, Trivandrum from 1982.
During his studies, he joined State Bank of Travancore,Kottyam Main Branch. He started his Malayalam film career as an Assistant Director with the Navodaya Production Company at the age of 19. He had his lessons from the film maker Jijo Punnose, son of Navodaya Appachan. He assisted Regunath Paleri in his debut directorial venture " Onnu Muthal Poogyam Varae"produced by Navodaya Production Company . His debut film was Chanakyan which had Kamal Hassan and Urmila Matondkar starring alongside Jayaram. After his debut film , he got associated with the making of Bible ke Khaniya ( Stories from Bible) produced by Navodaya for Doordarshan in 1990-93. He was signed by Kamalhassan to direct a period film in Tamil written by renowned writer Sujatha in 1990,which never took off due to Budget constraints.While he was with State Bank Of Travancore Sri.Sreenivasan,then General Manager supported his cultural inclinations and special permissions were given to him for directing his debut film "Chanakyan". The bank authorities were supportive but the rules never permitted them to protect Rajeev's services in the bank.He left State Bank of Travancore, when he was associated with SBT Zonal Office,Trivandrum in early nineties.
|1984||My Dear Kuttichathan||Master Aravind, Baby Sonia, Master Suresh, Kottarakkara Sridharan Nair||Malayalam||Navodaya Films||India's first 3D film. Worked as Assistant Director & Script Supervisor|
|1989||Chanakyan||Kamal Hassan, Urmila Matondkar, Jayaram, Sitara||Malayalam||Navodaya Films||Debut directorial venture. Kerala Film Critics Award & the Filmfare Award for the Best Director|
|1989-90 Directed"Bible Ki Kahani" ( Stories from Bible) few episodes of TV Serial for Doordarshan,National Television of India. 1997 & 2009 Directed the revised versions of My Dear Kuttichathan 3D ( India's First 3D film produced by Navodaya & directed by Jijo )||1990||Kshanakkathu||Niyas, Nedumudi Venu, Thilakan||Malayalam||M/S Central Pictures|
|1991||Ottayal Pattalam||Mukesh, Madhubala||Malayalam||M/S Century Films|
|1994||Pavithram||Mohanlal, Vinduja Menon, Shobana||Malayalam||Vishudhi Films||Filmfare Award for Best Actor (Mohanlal) 1994|
|1996||Thacholi Varghese Chekavar||Mohanlal, Urmila Matondkar, Nirosha||Malayalam||Seven Arts Films|
|1999||Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu||Manju Warrier, Thilakan, Biju Menon, Abbas||Malayalam||One 2 One Creations||First Malayalam film to use Avid technology. National special jury Award (1999) for Best Actress to Manju Warrier.She ended her first phase of acting after this film|
|1999||Jalamarmaram||V C Harris, P Balachandran, Aswin Thampi, Joby||Malayalam||The Blue Mermaid Picture Company||National Award for Best Feature Film on Environment, Kerala State Award for Second Best Feature Film 2000|
|2000||Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya||Arvind Swamy, Manisha Koirala||Hindi|
|2001||Vakkalathu Narayanankutty||Jayaram, Jagathy Sreekumar, Mukesh, Manya||Malayalam||Cinema Cinema|
|2002||Sesham||Jayaram, Biju Menon, Murali, Geethu Mohandas||Malayalam||The Blue Mermaid Picture Company||Kerala State Award 2002 for Best Feature Film, Editing, Sound Recording, Best Story and Special Jury Award for the actor in the lead role.|
|2004||Ivar||Jayaram, Biju Menon, Bhavana||Malayalam||Damor Films||Fully shot using Steadycam|
|2008||Free Kick||Sushand Singh,Asif Basra,Sathyajit,Gowri Karnik,||Hindi||Jammu Sugahand Productions||Not Yet Released|
|2009||Chal Chala Chal||Govinda, Reema Sen, Rajpal Yadav, Murli Sharma, Om Puri, Manoj Joshi||Hindi||Fuel picture company||Remake of Malayalam film Varavelpu and scenes from Ee Parakkum Thalika.|
|2009||Seetha Kalyanam||Jayaram, Jyothika, Indrajith, Geethu Mohandas||Malayalam||Revathy Kalamandir|
|2009||Kushti||Rajpal Yadav,Great Khali,Om Puri,sarat Saxena,Manoj Joshi||Hindi||SRK entertainments||Remake of Malayalam film Mutharamkunnu P.O.|
|2010||Oru Naal Varum||Mohanlal, Sreenivasan||Malayalam||Maniyanpilla Raju Productions|
|2011||Rathinirvedam||Shweta Menon, KPAC Lalitha||Malayalam||Revathy Kalaamandhir Production||Remake of the 1978 film of the same name|
|2011||Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty||Nithya Menon, Shweta Menon, Unni Mukundan||Malayalam||Reel 2 Reel Cine Productions|
|2013||Up & Down: Mukalil Oralundu||Indrajith, Meghana Raj, Prathap Pothen, Remya Nambeesan||Malayalam||Blue Mermaid Picture Company|
|2016||Sabaash Naidu||Kamal Haasan, Shruti Haasan, Ramya Krishnan||Tamil, Telugu, Hindi||RKFI|
- 1994. ADVT film for Colombo Umbrellas – 30 sec:
- 1995: AWARENESS SPOT – Zoo Watch/1 min
- 1998: DOCUMENTARY – Green City, Clean City / 20 min for Trivandrum Corporation
- 1999: DOCUMENTARY- Flavours of Kerala/23 min/Video Documentary in English on cuisines of Kerala
- 1999: CORPORATE FILM- Astamudi Resorts
- 2000: ADVT: film – Astamudi Resorts
- 2000: SHORT FILM – A Cot To Gain Or A Tree To Lose / 10 min / Mal
- 2003: ADVT: film for MILMA / 1min / mal
- 2004: ROAD SHOW – ‘PALATHULLY’ for Malayala Manorama
- 2004: CORPORATE FILM- Malayala Manorama “PALATHULLY” / 20 min / mal & English
- 2004: ADVT: film – Malayala Manorama “PALATHULLY”( rain harvesting ) / 30sec ./mal
- 2005: CHANNEL’S SIGNATURE FILM – Amrita Television / 4 min
- 2006 – CORPORATE FILM for Malayala Manorama, presented at the IPDC-UNESCO Prize for Rural Communication – 10min
- 2007 – CORPORATE FILM for Malatala Manorama
- 2008 – Birth of a News Paper for Malayala Manorama
- 2009 – Anuyatra – a short film on Late Prof:Anandakuttan
- 2009 – JT Performing Art Centre Presentation film
- 2009 – Traffic Awareness film for Malayala Manorama
- 2009 – Choice Marina presentation film
- 2010 – Nadaswara Exponents Ambalapuzha Brothers Website Launch
- 2011 – Kerala Lottery Onam Bumper Advt:
- 2014 - PONNAYIRAM, a documentary film based on the 1000 days celebration of Kerala Government
- 2014 - Out of the Box - a spot film for Kerala Chief Minister's face book
- 2015 - CHOICE SCHOOL - a musical album
- 2016 - UDF 5th year,a documentary film based on the 5th year celebration of Kerala Government
- STAR NIGHT lead by BHANU PRIYA & SUPER MIMICS/ Stage show across U.A.E / 1990
- MOHANLAL AND THE MAGIC LAMP / Stage show across U.A.E / 1995
- SHOW ‘95 organised by the Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes (AMMA) / Staged at Trivandrum, Cochin and Calicut.
- The stage show in connection with the MISS WORLD COMPETITION held in Bangalore in November 1996 ( co directed with Priyadarshan ).
- ARABIAN DREAMS / 1997 / Stage show that travelled across the Middle East starring Suresh Gopi and other Malayalam stars.
- UTSAV / 2000 / Stage show that travelled across USA, starring Mohan Lal, Shobana and other stars
- YESUDAS Musical Evening – Dubai / 2000
- SAMSKARA / 2000 / Mega Cultural Show held in connection with the inauguration of the KERALA TRAVEL MART at Kochi
- A FAIRY TALE / 2001 / Stage show that travelled across the Middle East starring top of the line Malayalam stars.
- The Inaugural Ceremony – BHAVA RASA – At the GLOBAL INVESTORS MEET , Cochin 2003
- 2000– 2006
- “GANDHARVA SANDHYA” musical events as a tribute to Sri.Yesudas
- ASIANET FILM AWARD function from 2000–2004
- STATE FILM AWARDS & TELEVISION AWARDS FUNCTION – 2000–2004
- CONCEIVED & DIRECTED 75 Years of Malayalam Film Music Mega Event 2005
- ‘ KATHAYATTOM’ a stage show in connection with 100 years of Malayalam novel with Mohanlal for Malayala Manorama 2003 – 05
- AMRITA TELEVISION Channel launch 2005
- VELLI THIRAMALA, a musical event at Dubai for Malayala Manorama 2006
- BHAVAYAMI, a musical event at Dubai for Malayala Manorama 2007
- JAI HIND Television Launch 2007
- PRANAYAPOORVAM, a musical event at Dubai for Malayala Manorama 2008
- BHEEMAM,play based on MT Vasudevan Nair's Randamoozham 2009
- ANUYATRA, Music Album launch 2009
- LAL SAALAM – 30 years of Mohanlal – a musical travelogue @ Dubai
- Nannipoorvam Mohanlal @ Trivandrum
- SREE RAGAM – Felicitating MG Sreekumar, Dubai 2010
- CHITRA POURNAMI – 25years of ks chitra's singing career,Trivandrum 2011
- SWARNA KAMALAM 2010 – Felicitating Kamal Hassan – Govt: of Kerala
- Onam Pagentary 2010
- Chitra Pournami 2011 – Celebration on completion of famous singer K.S Chitra's 30 years of musical career.
- Dhanti TV 2013 – Celebrating 100 years of Indian cinema @ Dubai
- Mazhavil Azhakil Amma 2013– Celebrating 100 years of Indian Cinema.@ Sharjah,UAE & Kochi
- Kerala Film Producer's Association& Matrix Media Pearl Awards 2013 – Celebrating 80 years of Malayalam Cinema @ Doha
- Excellence Awards 2013 – Kerala Cricket Association @ Calicut
- Closing Ceremony of International Film Festival of Kerala 2013
- 35TH NATIONAL GAMES OF INDIA - OPENING & CLOSING CEREMONIES - " BHAVA RASA & RIVERS OF INDIA " 2015
- CREDAI - Trivandrum - Event Vayali Bamboo Music
Kerala University Youth Festival award for Best Monact performer – 1978 -80 Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy award for Best Monoact Performance – 1980 All India One Act play, Pune 1981,Best Actor
- Kerala Film Critics Award for the Debut Director 1989
- Fimfare for the Best Malayalam Film.
- Filmfans Award for the Best Director.
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Mohanlal
- Film Fans award for Best Film
'Kannuyezhuthi Pottum Thottu''''
- National Film Award – Best Actress Manju Warrier ( special Jury Award )
- National Award for the Best Environmental Film 2000
- National Award for Best Child Artiste – Ashwin 2000
- Kerala State film award for the second Best Film 2000
- Kerala State Film Awards 2000 Shared the Best Screenplay award with B.Unnikrishnan
- Gulf Malayalee Best Film Award 2000
- Selected to the Milan Festival (MIFF 2000), Cairo Festival 2000, Euro-Shorts 2000, Hazel Wolf Environmental Film Festival (2001), Toronto Environmental Film Festival (2001) and Cornell Environmental Film Festival (2001)
- Kerala State film award for the Best Film 2001
- Kerala State film award for the Best Story 2001
- Kerala State film Award for Best Editing and Sound Recording 2001
- Santharam Award for the Best Film and Director 2001
- Kerala Film Critics Award for the Best Film.Best Director,Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Sound Recording. 2001
- Padmarajan Puraskaram for the Best Film & Director 2001 & Asianet Awards for the Best Screenplay 2001 - 02
- Mathrubhoomi Award for the Best Film 2001
- Cinema Express Award for the Best Film 2001 – 2002
" Palathully " a short film on Rain Harvesting for Malayala Manorama won the UN International Award for the Best film for Campaign.
http://mathrubhuminews.in/ee/Programs/Episode/13745/songs-from-t-k-rajeev-kumars-movies-chakkarapanthal-ep-102/E www.yentha.com/.../interview-of-the-week-t-k-rajeev-kumar–forever-in- www.sify.com/movies/malayalam/interview.php?id=6005465&cid. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvs4raT_cbM www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qXUbyim8EM www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqTzDkavgKI Kerala Lottery Onam Bumper - T K Rajeev Kumar