Swan Court Shopping Arcade
|Location||Clitheroe, Lancashire, England|
|Owner||Ribble Valley Borough Council|
|No. of stores and services||10|
|No. of floors||1|
Although not actually being a shopping centre, the Swan Court Arcade is a secluded, specialist shopping arcade with many shops and cafes. The arcade is located in the centre of town, just on the main street in Clitheroe. There has been plans to roof over the open-air arcade to create a covered shopping centre, with more shops, although this is not confirmed.
Being located in the centre of the town, you can walk just about anywhere from the arcade, however Blackburn Bus Company have bus services from Clitheroe Interchange and Market Street bus stop just outside the arcade, and Northern Rail have services running from Clitheroe railway station.
There are many shops in the arcade, including:
- Candycopia - Traditional Old Fashioned Sweet Shop
- Cupcake Boutique - Cupcakes and Cafe and Wedding Cakes
- S Mansell Tea Rooms
- Poze - Ladies Fashion & Clothes
- Qzine - mediterranean bistro -
- Banana News - Newsagents
- Swan & Royal Hotel - Public House & Hotel
The Swan & Royal is an ancient coaching inn. The Swan Courtyard used to be the stables for the Swan & Royal.
- The main square inside the shopping arcade.
- The exit out to the main street and the Swan & Royal Hotel.