|Comune di Suvereto|
South gate of Suvereto
Location of Suvereto in Italy
|Coordinates: 43°5′N 10°41′E / 43.083°N 10.683°E|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Livorno (LI)|
|• Mayor||Giuliano Parodi|
|• Total||92.9 km2 (35.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||90 m (300 ft)|
|Population (February 2015)http://demo.istat.it/index.html|
|• Density||34/km2 (87/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Santa Croce|
|Saint day||May 3|
Suvereto is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Livorno in the Italian region Tuscany, located about 90 kilometres (56 miles) southwest of Florence and about 60 kilometres (37 mi) southeast of Livorno.
- Rocca Aldobrandesca, ruins of a castle built in the mid-12th century near 9th century fortifications.
- Pieve of San Giusto, a pleban church in Romanesque style
- Countryside church of Santissima Annunziata
- Church of the Crucifix
- Natural Park of Montioni
- Static inverter plant of HVDC SACOI, the HVDC-power cable connecting the power grids of Corse and Sardinia with the grid of the Italian mainland.
- Research centre for switchyards of ENEL, including an experimental 3-kilometre (1.9 mi) long powerline to Valdicciola, which is partly built as underground cable
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Suvereto.|