Style (2006 film)
|Directed by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Produced by||Lagadapati Sirisha Sridhar|
V. Prabhakar (Tamil dialogues)
|Screenplay by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Story by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
Style is a Telugu film produced by Lagadapati Sirisha Sridhar on Larsco Entertainment banner, directed by Raghava Lawrence. Starring Prabhu Deva, Raghava Lawrence, Raja, Kamalinee Mukherjee, and Charmme Kaur in lead roles, with Chiranjeevi and Nagarjuna Akkineni in cameo appearance, the film's music is composed by Mani Sharma. This is Lawrence's second directorial venture after the blockbuster Mass with Nagarjuna. The movie was a moderate success at the box office and Lawrence won the Filmfare Award for Best Dance Choreographer - South. The film was dubbed and released in Tamil as Lakshyam.
Ganesh (Prabhu Deva) is a famous dancer and he beats Anthony in a dance competition to head into the international arena. Infuriated, Anthony arranges an accident for Ganesh in which Ganesh loses his legs and can't dance anymore. He becomes depressed and wants to die but his sister Priya (Kamalinee Mukherjee) consoles him and tells him to teach someone who could get benefited.
Ganesh starts his search for a competent dancer and finds about Raghava (Raghava Lawrence), who works as a cleaning boy at a dance school in Vizag. Ganesh comes to know about him and his four friends and makes them his students. The rest of the movie revolves around their training and budding love between Priya and Raghava. Finally Raghava and his batch defeat Anthony's batch on the dance floor. The movie ends with a film offer to Raghava, given by actor Chiranjeevi (Chiranjeevi).
- Chiranjeevi as himself (cameo)
- Akkineni Nagarjuna as Mass (cameo)
- Prabhu Deva as Ganesh
- Raghava Lawrence as Raghava
- Raja as Raja
- Suman as Anchor (cameo)
- Bhanu Chander as Raghava's dad
- Nasimharaju as Doctor
- Surya (Ping Pong)
- Jayasudha as Raghava's mother
- Kamalinee Mukherjee as Priya
- Charmy Kaur as Shruti
|Film score by Mani Sharma|
|Mani Sharma chronology|
The music was composed by Mani Sharma. All songs are hit tracks. Music released on MADHURA Entertainment Music Company.
|1.||"Style Style"||Madhu||Ravi Varma||4:39|
|3.||"Rock & Roll"||Vishwa||KK||4:32|
|4.||"Thadava Thadavaku"||Chinni Charan||Karthik, Mahalakshmi Iyer||3:29|
|7.||"Raa Raa"||Chinni Charan||Shankar Mahadevan||5:16|
- Director: Raghava Lawrence
- Screenplay: Raghava Lawrence
- Story: Raghava Lawrence
- Dialogue: Kulasekhar
- Producer: Mani Kanta Y
- Music: Mani Sharma
- Cinematography: Kabir Lal
- Editor: Marthand K. Venkatesh
- Art director: Ashok
- Choreography: Raghava Lawrence
- Hip-hop dancer: Shashikanth
Production and release
- Style was the highest budgeted dance-musical in India at the time of its release.
- It was the first south Indian film to be shot with Super 35 camera.
- Style was the first south Indian film to be color corrected.
- The producers, Sirisha and Sridhar Lagadapati, were approached by a distributor from a territory for Style. Since they were not eager to do business with him, it is said that they tried to dissuade him by quoting a then-exorbitant price for the movie. To their surprise, he immediately agreed and bought Style for his territory. The distributor thanks them even today since it was the only movie in a long time that had brought him profits.
- This film was dubbed in Tamil with the title Lakshyam.
Box office performance
The film had a 100-day run in 30 centres.