|Directed by||Benjamin Cleary|
|Produced by||Shan Christopher Ogilvie|
|Written by||Benjamin Cleary|
Eric RichardChloe Pirrie
July 8, 2015|
(Galway Film Fleadh)
|Box office||£5,000 (estimated)|
Greenwood, a lonely typographer struggles to overcome his speech impediment while attempting to form a romantic relationship.
- Matthew Needham as Greenwood
- Chloe Pirrie as Ellie
- Eric Richard as Greenwood's Dad
- Richard Mason as Angry man at bus stop
Awards and nominations
|Award||Date of ceremony||Category||Recipients and nominees||Result|
|Crested Butte Film Festival||October 2, 2016||Best Short Narrative||Stutterer||Won|
|Academy Awards||February 28, 2016||Best Live Action Short Film||Stutterer||Won|
|London Film Critics' Circle||January 17, 2016||Best Short Film||Stutterer||Won|
|Aesthetica Short Film Festival||November 8, 2015||Best Drama||Stutterer||Won|
|DC Shorts Film Festival||September 20, 2015||Audience Award||Stutterer||Won|
- "North Yorkshire movie Stutterer lands Oscar chance". The Northern Echo. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Serena Armitage & Shan Christopher Ogilvie Discuss Stutterer". www.femalefirst.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- Johnson, Zach (January 14, 2016). "Oscars 2016 Nominations: Complete List of Nominees". E! Online. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Mercer, David (2016-01-18). "Saoirse Ronan wins best actress award at London Critics' Circle Film Awards". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- Mercer, David (2016-02-29). "Oscar win for short film Stutterer produced by North Yorkshire filmmaker". The Press (York). Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- Hutchinson, Charles (2015-11-30). "Irish director Benjamin Cleary's short film 'Stutterer' shortlisted for 2016 Oscar". Irish Film and Television Network. Retrieved 2015-11-30.