|County of Stolberg-Rossla|
|State of the Holy Roman Empire|
|Historical era||Early Modern era|
|•|| Partitioned from
|•||Under Vogterei of
the Electorate of Saxony
|•||Mediatised to Saxony||1803|
|•||Awarded to Prussia||1815|
The County of Stolberg-Rossla (German: Grafschaft Stolberg-Roßla) was a county of the Holy Roman Empire. Its capital was Rossla, now in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. It was owned and ruled by a branch of the House of Stolberg from 1341 until 1803.
Stolberg-Rossla emerged as a partition of Stolberg-Stolberg in 1706. It was forced to recognize the suzerainty of the Electorate of Saxony in 1738. Stolberg-Rossla was mediatised to Saxony in 1803, but passed to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815. Although the territory was subsequently administered within the Province of Saxony, the counts retained their possessions until 1945. In 1893 they became Princes of Stolberg-Rossla.
Rulers of Stolberg-Rossla
- Botho, 1st Prince 1893 (1850-1893)
- Jost-Christian, 2nd Prince 1893-1916 (1886-1916)
- Christoph Martin, 3rd Prince 1916-1949 (1888-1949)
- Johann Martin, 4th Prince 1949-1982 (1917-1982)
Prince Alexander of Stolberg-Wernigerode (b.1967) was adopted by Stolberg-Roßla line. He has a son, Prince Ludwig (b.2008), and three daughters.
- Köbler, Gerhard (1988). Historisches Lexikon der deutschen Länder (in German). Munich: Verlag C. H. Beck. p. 639. ISBN 3-406-33290-0.
- Schwineköper, Berent (1987). Handbuch der historischen Stätten Deutschlands, Band 11, Provinz Sachsen/Anhalt (in German). Stuttgart: Alfred Kröner Verlag. p. 644. ISBN 3-520-31402-9.