Stephen Paul Abell|
10 April 1980
Loughborough Grammar School|
|Occupation||Newspaper editor, journalist, radio presenter|
The Times Literary Supplement
|Children||Nelly and Teddy|
Currently editor of The Times Literary Supplement, Abell was previously the managing editor of the UK's Sun newspaper, which post he left at the end of April 2016. He was formerly a fiction reviewer at The Spectator and reviewer at Telegraph Media Group as well as The Times Literary Supplement. In addition to this he is a presenter on LBC Radio.
In September 2001, Abell joined the Press Complaints Commission as a complaints officer; he completed other roles at the PCC including press officer, assistant director and deputy director before being appointed Director of the PCC on 19 December 2010.
In March 2012 Abell took up a partnership role at Pagefield, a communications consultancy, where he was head of crisis and issues management practice. He provided strategic support for the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant and Battersea Power Station. His clients included Sime Darby Berhad and high-profile institutions, organisations and individuals who are subject to media scrutiny.
In August 2013 Abell joined The Sun as Managing Editor, his role until the end of April 2016.
In March 2014 Abell started co-presenting a show on LBC Radio alongside Sky News television presenter Kay Burley from 8am to 11am on Sundays. Burley was the main presenter while Abell reviewed the papers and added political comment.
From August 2014, the show was co-presented by Abell and LBC's Petrie Hosken. In January 2015, he was given his own show from 8am to 10am on Sundays. From April 2016, Stig moved to the afternoon slot on Sundays of 3pm to 6pm.
- "Mr. Stephen Paul Abell (Stig Media Limited)".
- ""MR STEPHEN PAUL ABELL (affirme..." ::Leveson Inquiry :: SayIt".
- "News Commercial - Home". newscommercial.co.uk. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "PCC appoints Stephen Abell as new director". journalism.co.uk. 5 November 2009. Retrieved 6 November 2009.
- "Stephen Abell Linked In Profile". Linked in. 13 August 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Stephen Abell appointed Managing Editor of The Sun". News UK. 26 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Kay Burley & Stig Abell". LBC Radio. 24 March 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Greenslade, Roy (2016-02-12). "Sun managing editor Stig Abell to become editor of the TLS". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Stig Abell appointed Editor/Publisher of the Times Literary Supplement | News UK". www.news.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-03-30.