March 11, 1967|
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
Marrs was the co-founder, President & COO of Tribal DDB, a worldwide internet services company which is part of the Omnicom Group. Prior to Tribal DDB, he was a partner at an internet advertising agency and entertainment company, Blue Marble A.C.G.
Marrs was the founder and owner of Branded Pictures, formerly Brand Entertainment Studios, an independent cross platform production and distribution company that was folded into Momentum Entertainment Group at its inception. He was the executive producer of such shows as NBC's World Music Awards, CW's Sean Combs presents Americas Party, and CBS' Christmas from Central Park as well as several cable, live event and internet shows, including Comedy Hall of Fame on ABC, Got Game on Spike, and Anatomy of An Awkward Situation.
Marrs was the Founder and President of Momentum Entertainment Group part of the Momentum Worldwide group of companies owned by Interpublic Group. Under Marrs' leadership, MEG launched scripted, reality and special series and programs including Rogue, Full Circle, Croc Files, How Sweet the Sound, the award winning PG&E Energy House Calls Digital Series and Elite Model Look. In February 2013, Marrs and Momentum parted ways.
OutEast Entertainment was launched in November 2013 with its first script-to-series drama project with The CW Network titled, The Cover and the scripted drama series titled Ashley Madison. The company announced its first foray into the unscripted television business with the acquisition of the Dutch format Fish Tales.
- Samuel Rosales (August 29, 2000). "DDB Worldwide Integrates Interactive Properties into Tribal DDB". The ClickZ Network. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Meredith Amdur (2002-11-07). "Marrs brands Gotham, L.A. Company starts out with IBM, Ford, UPS". Variety. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "Branded Pictures absorbed into Momentum Entertainment Group Founded by Steven Marrs".
- "Steven Marrs". imdb.com. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "Momentum Launches Momentum Entertainment Group Founded by Steven Marrs".
- "DirecTV Greenlights Original Drama Series 'Rogue', Thandie Newton In Talks To Star".
- "DirecTv Orders 10 episode Neil LaBute Drama from Momentum Entertainment".
- "TV One Orders How Sweet the Sound TV Special".
- "Momentum Entertainment Group creates award winning digital series".
- "Style Network Orders up Elite Model Look from Momentum Entertainment Group".
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Marrs Parts Ways with Momentum Worldwide". Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- "Marrs parts ways with Momentum Worldwide".
- "OutEast Entertainment Launches with The Cover".
- "OutEast Entertainment Hooks up with Marble Media for Ashley Madison".
- "OutEast Entertainment acquires Dutch Format Fish Tales".