Stephen Glaister CBE (born 21 June 1946) is Professor of Transport and Infrastructure at the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Imperial College London where he is also director of the Railway Technology Strategy Centre, a former board member of Transport for London and director of the RAC Foundation. He is a fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers and has been an advisor to many transport-related organisations and committees since the late 1970s. He has been cited as an expert on transport policy.
Glaister has been the director of the Railway Technology Strategy Centre since 1998, was a board member of Transport for London between 2000 and 2008 and was the director of the RAC Foundation from 2008 to 2015. He is currently the Chair of the Office of Rail and Road He has published widely on transport matters and was awarded the CBE for services to public transport in 1998. He has also published regarding the regulation of the water and gas industries.
- Member, Joint Science Research Council/Social Science Research Council Transport Committee (1978 - 1980)
- Member, UK government first Advisory Committee on Trunk Road Assessment (1977 - 1981)
- Editor, Economica (1979 - 1982)
- Specialist Adviser to the Parliamentary Select Committee on Transport (1981-1983, 1988,1990)
- Non-executive Board member, London Regional Transport (1984 - 1993)
- Economic advisor, British Rail Policy Unit and InterCity strategy (1980 - 1993)
- Managing Editor, Journal of Transport Economics and Policy (1987 - 1999)
- Member, independent Review of Road Charging Options for London (ROCOL) (1998 - 2000)
- Economic adviser to the Rail Regulator (1993 - 2001)
- Economic Advisor, Office of Gas Supply (1996 – 2002)
- Advisor to Buses sub-group, Commission for Integrated Transport (1999 – 2003)
- Member, steering group for the Department of Transport’s National Road Pricing Feasibility Study (2003 - 2004)
- "'Pay-as-you-go' road charge plan". BBC News. 6 June 2005. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "STEPHEN GLAISTER CBE FICE PhD - cv" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stephen-glaister-reappointed-as-chair-of-the-orr. Missing or empty
- "How are we governed". RAC Foundation. Retrieved 2010-02-26.