Stanisław Łubieński (1573 – 16 April 1640), of Pomian coat of arms, was a Polish noble, politician and bishop. Royal Secretary of king Zygmunt III Waza from 1591; regent of Royal Chancellery from 1614, Crown Secretary, bishop of Łuck from 1622, Deputy Chancellor of the Crown from 1626 (to 1628) and bishop of Płock from 1627.
He was a Catholic priest and a strong supporter of counterreformation. Friend of the poet Maciej Sarbiewski, himself he was an author of many important historical chronicles of that period, among them a detailed description of rokosz of Zebrzydowski.
- Brevis narratio profectionis in Sueciam Sigismundi III..., 1593;
- De ortu, vita et morte Mathiae de Bużenin Pstrokoński... (1630);
- Ce motu civili in Polonia libri quatuor, Series. vitea, res gestes episcoporum Plocensium..., Kraków 1642;
- 'Opera posthuma historica historopolitica variigue discursus epistolae et aliquot orationes... (1643);
- Droga do Szwecji;
- Rozruchy domowe.
- ↑ Giovanna Siedina (2015). Latinitas in the Polish Crown and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania: Its Impact on the Development of Identities. Firenze University Press. p. 90. ISBN 978-88-6655-674-9.
|Bishop of Płock
| Succeeded by|
Karol Ferdynand Waza
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 11/1/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.