St Mark's Anglican Church, Warwick
The Reverend Benjamin Glennie had a plan to establish the (then) Church of England on the Darling Downs through four churches in the larger towns named after the four apostles: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
The first St Mark's church was constructed in 1858 by the Reverend Benjamin Glennie. It was a simple slab structure and in 1868 Glennie decided a more durable building would be desirable. The second (and current) church was designed by architect Richard George Suter. The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Edward Tufnell on 19 March 1868.
The church was listed on the Queensland Heritage Register on 21 October 1992.
- "Rev. Benjamin Glennie - Apostle of the Downs". History: Profiles. Toowoomba Regional Council. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "St Marks Anglican Church (entry 600943)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "ST. MARK'S CHURCH, WARWICK.". Warwick Argus and Tenterfield Chronicle (Qld. : 1866 - 1879). Qld.: National Library of Australia. 25 March 1868. p. 2. Retrieved 17 January 2014.