St. Louis Jewish Light
|Editor-in-chief||Robert A. Cohn (emeritus)|
|Managing editors||Mike Sherwin|
6 Millstone Campus,|
St. Louis, Missouri
|Circulation||10,000 households (2012)|
The St. Louis Jewish Light is a weekly Jewish newspaper distributed in St. Louis, Missouri, that was established in 1947. It is located at 6 Millstone Campus, St. Louis. It is a constituent agency of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, and has an independent board of directors.
In 2004, its editorial board approved accepting same-sex commitment announcements in the newspaper, by a vote of 9-7. Orthodox board members, joined by some non-Orthodox members, opposed publication of the announcements.
Circulation and readership
In 1991, 78% of the readers of the newspaper said they were interested in news about Israel. In 1992, it had a circulation of 15,000 and a readership estimated at 50,000, and in 2007, it had a circulation of 14,500 households. In 2012, the circulation was approximately 10,000.
Robert A. Cohn is Editor-in-Chief emeritus of the newspaper, was President of the American Jewish Press Association. In 1992, after 22 years with the newspaper, Cohn was promoted to the joint position of Editor-in-Chief and publisher.
- Duggan, Eileen P. (2012-04-23). "Jewish Light changing with the times". Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- "Community Directory: St. Louis Jewish Light". Jewishinstlouis.org. Retrieved August 3, 2010.
- Dawne Massey (2007). Insiders' Guide to St. Louis. Globe Pequot. ISBN 0-7627-4409-X. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "Jewish Press Seeks Context in Covering Middle East Crisis". The Jewish Post & News. March 2, 1988. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "About". St. Louis Jewish Light. Retrieved August 3, 2010.
- American Library Association; Reference and Subscription Books Review Committee (1977). Reference and subscription books reviews. American Library Association. ISBN 0-8389-3221-5. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- Media history digest; Volumes 8-9. Media History Digest Corp. 1988. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- Deb Peterson (April 13, 2004). "St. Louis Jewish Light will Report Same-Sex Ceremonies". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- Eliʻezer Don-Yiḥya (1991). Israel and diaspora Jewry: ideological and political perspectives. Bar-Ilan University Press. ISBN 965-226-115-7. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "Jewish Light Promotes Cohn to Publisher". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. January 24, 1992. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- Mitchell Geoffrey Bard (2002). From tragedy to triumph: the politics behind the rescue of Ethiopian Jewry. Greenwood Publishing Group. ISBN 0-275-97000-0. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- John J. Archibald (July 21, 1988). "Lighting the Way for 25 Years; Newspaper Aims to Unify, Inform Jewish Community". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved June 28, 2011.