|Full name||Club Sportivo Balcarce|
Florida, Buenos Aires |
|1932||2nd (not promoted)|
Club Sportivo Balcarce, or simply "Sportivo Balcarce", is an Argentine sports club located in Florida, Buenos Aires. Although other disciplines are held in the club, Football was the most predominant sport while the senior squad was affiliated to the Argentine Football Association in the 1920s and 1930s.
Having been founded in 1919, the football squad promoted to the first division of Argentine football league system in 1925, as División Intermedia champion. The club debuted in Primera División in 1926, finishing in the 4th. position. Over 17 matches played, the squad won 10 with 4 games lost. Sportivo Balcarce scored 29 goals and conceded 19.
Despite its good performance in the tournament, Sportivo Balcarce was relegated to the Primera B (second division) when both leagues, official "Asociación Argentina de Football" and dissident "Asociación Amateurs de Football" merged to form a unique league in 1927. The other teams relegated were Alvear, Argentino de Banfield, Boca Alumni, Del Plata, General San Martín, Palermo, Progresista, Dock Sud, Sportsman and Universal.
In the 1927 championship, Sportivo Balcarce did not a good campaign, finishing 10th. of 18. In 1931, Sportivo Balcarce won its only official title, the Copa de Competencia Jockey Club, after beating Defensores de Belgrano by 4–1 in the second leg final.
The team continued competing in the second division, being near to promote to the highest level in 1932 when it finished 2nd. to Dock Sud, which finally won the championship, therefore achieving promotion to the first division. That was the last official tournament played by Sportivo Balcarce, never returning for any competition organized by the Argentine Association.
Nevertheless, the institution continued its activities, focusing on youth and amateur levels. The club has been active to present days.
- Sports clubs in Vicente López Partido
- "Clubes del distrito" on 100x100 Vicente López
- "Clubs inscriptos" on Memoria y Balance General 1926 p. 47 – Asociaación Amateurs Argentina de Football, AFA Library
- "Centros culturales y deportivos en Florida"
- "Escuela de Natación Neptuno, en Vicente López" on Noticias Meredinas, 19 Jun 2010
- Argentina 1926 on RSSSF
- Historia del Fútbol Amateur en la Argentina, by Jorge Iwanczuk. Published by Autores Editores (1992) – ISBN 9504343848
- Argentina – Primera B 1927 on RSSSF
- Argentina – Copa Competencia de Primera División, by José Carluccio
- Copa Competencia 1931 AAF on El Sitio de Almagro
- "La AFA otorgó 87 títulos más y modificó la tabla", Diario Registrado, 6 Ago 2013
- Argentina – Copa de Competencia – 1931 on RSSSF
- Argentina Second Division 1932 on RSSSF
- Copas Nacionales – Campeones on AFA website