Sophia of Brandenburg-Stendal
|Sophia of Brandenburg-Stendal|
|Spouse(s)||Magnus, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg|
House of Ascania|
House of Welf by marriage
|Father||Henry I, Margrave of Brandenburg-Stendal|
|Mother||Agnes of Bavaria|
In 1327, she married Duke Magnus "the Pious" of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (1304–1369), Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg. The following children reached adulthood:
- Magnus with the Necklace, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (1324–1373), married Catherine, daughter of Bernhard III, Prince of Anhalt-Bernburg. They had more than ten children, some dukes of Brunswick-Lüneburg. Also Catherine Elisabeth of Brunswick-Lüneburg, grandmother of Christian I of Denmark.
- Louis (died 1367)
- Albert, Prince-Archbishop of Bremen (died 1395)
- Henry, Provost of Halberstadt Cathedral
- Matilda (d.a. 1354), married Bernhard III, Prince of Anhalt-Bernburg (d. 1348). They had two known children:
- Otto III, Prince of Anhalt-Bernburg
- Gertrude, married to Günther XII, Count of Schwarzburg.
- Agnes (1343–1404), married in c. 1360 to Count Heinrich/Henry of Hohnstein (de) (d. 1408). They had about six children, two counts of Hohnstein.
- Sophie (c. 1340 – c. 1394), married in c. 1360 to Count Dietrich V of Hohnstein (c. 1306 – 1379), cousin of Heinrich, sharing their county and lordships. She was Dietrich's second (possibly third) wife, and in addition to his other children she bore him one daughter: