Solférino (Paris Métro)
|Paris Métro station|
7th arrondissement of Paris|
|Coordinates||48°51′30″N 2°19′24″E / 48.858249°N 2.323225°ECoordinates: 48°51′30″N 2°19′24″E / 48.858249°N 2.323225°E|
|Opened||5 November 1910|
Location within Paris
The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. It is named after the Rue de Solférino, which is named after the Battle of Solférino a battle fought in 1859 during the Second Italian War of Independence.
Solférino is one of the last stations in which the original Nord-Sud Company style of décor has been maintained, with its characteristic large ceramic tablets indicating the name of the station. This is the result of extensive renovation.
Nearby are the Musée d'Orsay and the town hall of the 7th arrondissement.
|Line 12 platforms|
|Southbound||← toward Mairie d'Issy (Rue du Bac)|
|Northbound||toward Front Populaire (Assemblée Nationale) →|
- Street-level entrance at Solférino
- MF 67 rolling stock on Line 12 at Solférino
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solférino (Paris Métro).|
- Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.
|Paris Métro||Line 12|