Socialist Movement for Integration
|Parliamentary Group leader||Petrit Vasili|
|Founded||6 September 2004|
|Split from||Socialist Party of Albania|
16 / 140
9 / 61
The Socialist Movement for Integration (Albanian: Lëvizja Socialiste për Integrim, LSI) is a social-democratic political party in Albania. The LSI was formed on 6 September 2004 when Ilir Meta, former Prime Minister of Albania, broke from the Socialist Party of Albania (PS). Through the use of the term "movement", LSI attempts to give the message that it is open and inclusive. The other reason for using this term is its intention to differentiate itself from the other parties. LSI employed the one member, one vote system in March 2005 to elect its leader, Ilir Meta.
At the 2005 parliamentary election the party won five seats in the Albanian Parliament with 8.4% of the vote. The party was mostly supported by the Albanian youth at the 2005 elections. At the 2009 parliamentary election it won four seats with 4.8% of the vote. The party along with PSV91 became the determining parties to form the government coalition. In June 2009 the LSI allied with the centre-right Democratic Party of Albania (PD) to form the government coalition.
LSI successfully increased its share of the vote in the 2013 parliamentary election, winning 16 seats with 10.4% of the vote.
- Tom Lansford (8 April 2014). Political Handbook of the World 2014. SAGE Publications. p. 21. ISBN 978-1-4833-3327-4.
- Parties and Elections in Europe: The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck
- "The Albanian Electoral Systems since 1990" (PDF). Albanian Elections Observatory Brief (1). 19 April 2013. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Leftist Parties of Albania". Broad Left. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Michaela Salamun; Zaim Hallunaj. "European integration, party governance and electoral system in Albania" (Working Paper). Center for Southeast Europe. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- Robert Elsie (2010). Historical Dictionary of Albania. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 422. ISBN 978-0-8108-6188-6.
- Blendi Kajsiu (2005). F. Stiftung; G. Karasimeonov, eds. Organizational Structures and Internal Party Democracy in South Eastern Europe (PDF). Sofia: Gorex Press. pp. 142–165. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- Jano, Dorian (2008). "On Parties and Party SystemM in Albania: What implications for democracy" (PDF). Central-European Intensive Ccurse. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Election campaign with the taste of blood". International Institute for Middle-East and Balkan Studies. 24 June 2009. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- Marc Stegherr; Kerstin Liesem (13 August 2010). Die Medien in Osteuropa: Mediensysteme Im Transformationsprozess. Springer-Verlag. p. 159. ISBN 978-3-531-92487-8.