Location in Slovenia
|Coordinates: 46°20′32.53″N 13°40′10.96″E / 46.3423694°N 13.6697111°ECoordinates: 46°20′32.53″N 13°40′10.96″E / 46.3423694°N 13.6697111°E|
|Traditional region||Slovenian Littoral|
|• Total||43.48 km2 (16.79 sq mi)|
|Elevation||491.6 m (1,612.9 ft)|
A small church by the roadside in the village is dedicated to Saint Joseph and was built in 1718 and dedicated in 1823. In 1944 it was refurbished and painted by Tone Kralj. The refurbishment was a political statement and he included a scene of Archangel Michael fighting the Devil, in which Hitler and Mussolini are shown as enemies, fighting on the side of the Devil. He also used the Slovene national colours (red, white, and blue) in the interior and, apart from the Apostles and the Four Evangelists, used only Slavic saints in the iconography. Behind the church, the Sοča Military Cemetery is a burial ground for Austrian soldiers that died on the Isonzo front.