Sir Robert Ho Tung Library
The Sir Robert Ho Tung Library (Portuguese: Biblioteca Sir Robert Ho Tung; Chinese: 何東圖書館) is a public library in São Lourenço, Macau, China. It is located in St. Augustine’s Square in the Historic Centre of Macau, a UNESCO world heritage site. The library is housed in a mansion that has good historical, cultural and architectural value.
The building was constructed before 1894 and was owned by Dona Carolina Cunha. Later the mansion was purchased by Hong Kong businessman Sir Robert Ho Tung in 1918 as a retreat and he lived there between 1941 and 1945. He died in 1955 and the building was presented to the Government for conversion to a public library in accordance with his will.
Sir Robert Ho Tung Library was officially opened in 1958 to the general public. In 2005, a new building was constructed near the back garden of the mansion, making the library the biggest public library in Macau.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sir Robert Ho Tung Library.|
|Main article：Historic Centre of Macau|
| A-Ma Temple | Moorish Barracks | Mandarin's House | St Lawrence's Church | St. Joseph's Seminary and Church | Dom Pedro V Theatre | St. Augustine's Church |
Sir Robert Ho Tung Library | Leal Senado Building | Sam Kai Vui Kun | Holy House of Mercy | Cathedral of the Nativity of Our Lady | Lou Kau Mansion | St. Dominic's Church | Ruins of St. Paul's | Na Tcha Temple
Walls of Macau | Fortaleza do Monte | St. Anthony's Church | Casa Garden | Old Protestant Cemetery (including the Macau Protestant Chapel) | Guia Fortress (including Guia Chapel and Guia Lighthouse)