The town centre (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Sint-Maartensdijk in the municipality of Tholen.
|Coordinates: 51°32′52″N 4°4′30″E / 51.54778°N 4.07500°ECoordinates: 51°32′52″N 4°4′30″E / 51.54778°N 4.07500°E|
|• Total||21.86 km2 (8.44 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2010)|
|• Density||160/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Sint-Maartensdijk was a separate municipality until 1971, when it was merged with Tholen.
In 2001, the town of Sint-Maartensdijk had 3132 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 1.0 km², and contained 1341 residences. The statistical area "Sint-Maartensdijk", which also can include the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 3650.
Born in Sint-Maartensdijk
- Keetie van Oosten-Hage, 1949, former cyclist
- Cornelius Vermuyden, 1595, Engineer
- The Ghanaian politician Alfred Vanderpuije is descended from a Sint-Maartensdijk family
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 . (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005 . As of 1 January 2005.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "St Maartensdijk". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.