Location in Spain
|Coordinates: 39°44′2″N 1°13′50″W / 39.73389°N 1.23056°WCoordinates: 39°44′2″N 1°13′50″W / 39.73389°N 1.23056°W|
|Autonomous community||Valencian Community|
|• Alcalde||Fidel Clemente Mas (PSPV-PSOE)|
|• Total||102.5 km2 (39.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||899 m (2,949 ft)|
|• Density||12/km2 (31/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Sinarcas is a municipality in the Valencian Community (province of Valencia) and is located about one hour's drive inland from the city of Valencia. Primarily an agricultural town, local produce includes grapes, lavender and wheat. There is also a large battery chicken egg production locally.
The area is surrounded by pine forest and mediterranean scrub including lavender on the hillsides and gets very dry in the Summer. The altitude is around 1000 m and so it is consequently relatively cool in Summer compared with more coastal locations.
This sleepy town has suffered from the emigration of the younger demographic to towns where there is more work to be found.
Local specialities include casseroled Lamb knees and a heavy soup containing home-made pasta and beans.
Places of note in the area and things to do
- Las Vinuelas is a privately owned and run hostel and activity centre. It has a swimming pool, archery facilities, frontoncourt, climbing wall and can facilitate horse riding and other local activities, such as traditional bakery and crafts in the village.
- Municipal swimming pool
- Watersports and canyoning in Benegueber
- Tour of Fire Station and demonstration.
- La Granja, a local battery chicken egg farm offers tours of its facilities and factory.
Shops and services
- Internet facilities in library
- Post office
- Three shops
- Several bars
- Primary School
- Fire Station