|Crown Princess of Tonga|
Sinaitakala at the final day of the festivities of her parent-in-law's coronation
|Born||March 20, 1987|
|Spouse||Crown Prince Tupoutoʻa ʻUlukalala of Tonga|
Prince Taufaʻahau Manumataongo|
Princess Halaevalu Mataʻaho
|Father||Hon. Dr Kinikinilau Tūtoatasi Fakafānua|
|Mother||Princess Sinaitakala 'Ofeina-'e-he-Langi Fakafānua|
|Royal Family of Tonga|
Princess Sinaitakala Tukuʻaho (née Sinaitakala Tu'imatamoana 'i Fanakavakilangi Fakafanua; 20 March 1987), is a Tongan royal and wife of the Crown Prince of Tonga, Tupoutoʻa ʻUlukalala, whom she married on 12 July 2012.
Princess Sinaitakala is the daughter of late Lord Kinikinilau Tūtoatasi Fakafānua, estate holder of Ma'ufanga and Princess Sinaitakala 'Ofeina-'e-he-Langi Fakafānua. She has two brothers, current Lord Fatafehi Kinikinilau Lolomānaʻia Fakafānua and Fakaola mei Langi ʻItafuaʻatonga Tūtoatasi Fakafānua.
The marriage caused controversy in Tonga, since Fakafanua and Crown Prince Tupoutoʻa ʻUlukalala are double second cousins. That is: her parents are each the first cousin of the King:
- Fakafanua's father is a son of Hon. Kalolaine Ahomeʻe, sister to the Queen Mother Halaevalu, (born Hon. Halaevalu Mataʻaho ʻAhomeʻe).
- Her mother, Princess Sinaitakala 'Ofeina, is the daughter of Prince Sione Ngū Manumataongo Uelingatoni Tukuʻaho (known as HRH The Prince Fatafehi Tuʻipelehake), Prime Minister of Tonga (1965–1991) and a niece to King Tāufaʻāhau Tupou IV.
The wedding was opposed by some members of the royal family, reportedly due to the close genetic relationship of the couple.
Sinaitakala Fakafanua married the Crown Prince at the Centennial Church of the Free Church of Tonga in Nuku'alofa on 12 July 2012. The wedding marked the first marriage of a Tongan crown prince in sixty-five years. Fakafanua was 25 years old at the time of her wedding.
Her son, Prince Taufaʻahau Manumataongo, was born on 10 May 2013 and is second in the line of succession to the Tongan throne, after his father. On 12 July 2014, the Crown Princess gave birth to a daughter, Princess Halaevalu Mata'aho who is third in the line of succession.
Titles, styles and honours
Crown Princess Sinaitakala
|Reference style||Her Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
- 20 March 1987 – 12 July 2012: The Honorable Sinaitakala Fakafānua
- 12 July 2012 – Present: Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Sinaitakala of Tonga
- Tonga: Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown of Tonga (DGCCT)
- Tonga: Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the Royal Household Order of Tonga (DGCRH)
- Tonga: Recipient of the King Tupou VI Coronation Medal
|Ancestors of Sinaitakala Fakafanua|
- Taimi Online, Engagement photos.
- "Tongan crown prince marries second cousin". The Daily Telegraph. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "Tonga Crown Prince weds". Radio New Zealand International. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- Photo : Lord Fakafānua, Fakaola Fakafānua (the bride's brothers), Prince Tupoutoʻa ʻUlukalala, Sinaitakala Fakafanua, Princess Latufuipeka Tuku'aho and the Prince Ata (the groom's siblings).
- "New Tongan heir, Prince Taufa'ahau Manumataongo born May 10 in Auckland", Matangi Tonga, 10 May 2013
- "Tongan royals to wed as nation struggles with economic crisis". One News. TVNZ. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "Tonga's New Princess: Halaevalu Mataʻaho", Matangi Tonga, 14 July 2014
- Royal Ark, Tonga – Tupou 10
- Ministry of Information & Communications, Article evoking the investiture