Simon Marquis, 3rd Earl of Woolton
Simon Frederick James Marquis, 3rd Earl of Woolton (born 24 May 1958), styled Viscount Walberton between 1964 and 1969, is a British peer and businessman.
Woolton is the son of Roger Marquis, 2nd Earl of Woolton and his second wife Josephine Gordon-Cumming, now Countess Lloyd George of Dwyfor. He graduated from St. Andrews University in 1981 with an MA degree in Economics and Modern History.
In 1987 he married Honourable Sophie Frederika Birdwood, daughter of the 3rd Baron Birdwood together they have three daughters
- Lady Olivia Alice Marquis (born 16 April 1990)
- Lady Elizabeth Constance Marquis (born 14 October 1991)
- Lady Claudia Louise Marquis (born 3 March 1995).
The couple were divorced, and both have since remarried, Sophie to David Montgomery.
Titles and styles
- The Honourable Simon Frederick Marquis (24 May 1958 - 14 December 1964)
- Viscount Walberton ( 14 December 1964 - 7 January 1969)
- Right Honourable Earl of Woolton (7 January 1969 -
- "Woolton, Earl of (UK, 1956)". Cracoft's Peerage. Heraldic Media Limited. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Our People: Simon Woolton". Quayle Munro.
- Harding, Louette. Daily Mail. London http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1028774/Sophie-Montgomery-talks-genetic-disorder-making-blind.html. Missing or empty
- "NEW BOATHOUSE CAPITAL LIMITED". Directors in the UK.
- Simon Woolton, Chief Financial Officer - website Quayle Munro
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Woolton
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Roger David Marquis
|Earl of Woolton