Simon Kvamm during a Nephew concert at Roskilde Festival 2010
|Birth name||Simon Kvamm|
February 18, 1975 |
|Associated acts||Nephew, De Eneste To, Drengene fra Angora|
Simon Kvamm (born 18 February 1975 in Silkeborg) is a Danish-Faroese actor and singer. He is best known as one of the founding members of the Danish rock band Nephew, where he is the lead vocalist and keyboard player. He is also well known for his acts in the Danish cult show Drengene fra Angora. He is also part of pop duo De Eneste To alongside Peter Sommer.
Kvamm graduated from Silkeborg Gymnasium in 1994. He trained and studied to become a journalist at the Danish School of Journalism in Aarhus, but did not end up completing the training. He had a spell as a football player with Olympia Århus København.
Simon Kvamm is best known as one of the founding members of the Danish rock band Nephew, where he is the lead vocalist and keyboard player. The band had their breakthrough in 2004 with their second album USADSB, and had several hits in Denmark such as Igen og Igen, Superliga, En Wannabe Darth Vader and Movie Klip, which have won them several Danish national music awards, including 6 GAFFA awards (two of which were Best Danish Singer and Best Danish Band). In 2010, Simon formed the duo De Eneste To (literally The Sole Two in Danish) with his good friend and colleague of many years, Peter Sommer. The duo's first album, self-titled De Eneste To, had immediate success and was certified platinum in January 2011.
He is also known from the Danish comedy series Drengene fra Angora, where he plays the demented Dutch cyclist Pim de Keysersgracht, the motorcycle gang member Baune, one of the three Russians from joke hours Gagarin, and the studio host Simon (when he's Simon, he's mainly himself). Simon credits his acting with helping to develop his stage persona and create songs. He considers himself a musician first and an actor on the side.
Kvamm is married to journalist Stine Ellerbæk, and together they have daughters Elinor Kvamm Ellerbæk (born December 2, 2006) and Alice (born in 2011). Simon has a four-years younger brother, Stefan Kvamm, who is an anthropologist and musician in the underground band The Wong Boys.
- We Don't Need You Here
- Movie Klip
- En Wannabe Darth Vader
- Worst/ Best Case Scenario
- Byens Hotel
- Igen og Igen
- Science Fiction Og Familien
- Mexico Ligger I Spanien
- Hospital feat. L.O.C.
- Timbaland vs. Nephew: The Way I Are
- Allein Alene (Allein Allein by Polarkreis 18): Remixed by Nephew and Carsten Heller
- 007 Is Also Gonna Die
- Va Fangool!
- Sov for Satan Mand
- Police Bells And Church Sirens
- The Danish Way to Rock feat. VM Landsholdet
- Klokken 25
- Swimming Time (2000)
- USADSB (2004)
- USADSB 10 x så live (2004)
- Interkom Kom Ind (2006)
- Roskilde 07.07.07 (2007)
- Danmark/Denmark (2009)
- Hjertestarter (2012)
with De Eneste To
- Albums with "De Eneste To"
with Drengene fra Angora
- Drengene fra Angora (2004)
- Angora by Night (2007)
- Trio Van Gogh (contributed a track) (2007)
- Anti Globetrotter (produced intro song with Carsten Heller) (2007)
- Peter and the Wolf (tells the tale with music by Danish Radio Big Band) (2008)
- L.O.C. - Melankolia / XXX Couture (involved in Superbia)
|2012||Den som dræber - Fortidens skygge||Kristian Almen|
In addition, Simon Kvamm can also be seen playing minor roles in things that Esben Pretzmann and/or Rune Tolsgaard wrote.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simon Kvamm.|
- Official website:
- Simon Kvamm at the Internet Movie Database
- Silkeborg library literary portal (in Danish):
- Simon Kvamm on Film Database (in Danish):
- Simon Kvamm on danskefilm.dk (in Danish):