|Sir Simon Bollom|
|Service/branch||Royal Air Force|
|Years of service||1981–2016|
|Commands held||Air Member for Materiel (2012–16)|
Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Companion of the Order of the Bath
Educated at the University of Southampton, Bollom joined the RAF as an engineer in 1981. He became Director, Tactical Mobility at the Ministry of Defence in November 2000, Director Tornado Future Support at the Ministry of Defence in January 2003 and Tornado Integrated Project Team Leader in March 2005. He went on to be Director of Combat Air at Defence Equipment and Support in January 2008 and then Chief of Materiel – Air at Defence Equipment and Support in October 2012.
He was appointed Companion of the Order of the Bath (CB) in the 2011 Birthday Honours and Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE) in the 2016 New Year Honours. He left the service in April 2016.
- "Royal Academy of Engineering New Fellows 2013".
- Professional high flyers: RAF joins forces with the Institution Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- Air Support BAe Systems
- Ups and outs ; Promotions, retirements in HM Forces June 2012 Defence News
- The Queen's Birthday Honours The Guardian, 11 June 2011
- The London Gazette: . 30 December 2015.
- "Air Rank and Command Appointments List 2.16". RAF. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
Sir Kevin Leeson
|Chief of Materiel – Air, Defence Equipment and Support
and Air Member for Materiel
| Succeeded by|