|Awarded by President of Azerbaijan|
|Eligibility||Azerbaijani government's civilian personnel, citizens and non-citizens, foreign civilians|
|Awarded for||sustained, selfless service of the highest order, long lasting contributions to development and progress in economic, scientific, socio-cultural fields|
|Description||crescent formed order with Azerbaijani insignia|
|Established||December 6, 1993 (Decree No. 757), revised on February 6, 1998|
|Next (higher)||Sharaf Order|
|Next (lower)||Tereggi Medal|
History and status
The order was created by the Decree No. 757 of the President of Azerbaijan, Heydar Aliyev and ratified by National Assembly of Azerbaijan on December 6, 1993. The Shohrat Order is given to the citizens of Republic of Azerbaijan, foreign nationals and non-citizens for the following services:
- special contributions to the economic, scientific, socio and cultural development;
- special contributions to establishing and strengthening of peace and friendships among and development of cooperation between peoples;
- services yielding extraordinary and professional results in the industrial, transportation, communications, construction fields as well as in other spheres of economic activity;
- special contributions in science, education and health sector.
Shohrat order is in the form of horizontal crescent, with composition of national ornaments supplemented within the laurus branches with leaves and sun with un upward-shining rays. The composition is made of silver colored with gold, attached to a blue-white colored ribbon bar with five edges. The order comes in size 32 mm (1.3 in) by 38 mm (1.5 in), the ribbon bar - 27 mm (1.1 in) by 47.5 mm (1.87 in). Across the upward rays runs a rainbow-shaped golden belt connecting the tips of laurus branches and reading the word Şöhrət (Glory). The rear side of the order is polished and has an engraved order number.
The original version of the order was in gold, on a medal with an eight-edged star and national ornaments with red and green colors. On the foreground, there were golden laurus branches surrounding a colored bird figure. The upper part of the medal included an eight-pointed star. The lower part had a rainbow-shaped ribbon reading Şöhrət. The order was revised on February 6, 1998 to the current version.
- Chingiz Abdullayev, Azerbaijani writer, novelist
- Vasif Adigozalov, Azerbaijani composer
- Elmira Akhundova, Azerbaijani writer and politician
- Faiq Hasanov, Azerbaijani chess player
- Novruz Mammadov, Azerbaijani academician
- Yashar Nuri, Azerbaijani actor
- Telman Aliev, Azerbaijani academician
- Fikrat Mammadov, Azerbaijani politician
- Zalimkhan Yagub (twice), Azerbaijani poet
- Mansum Ibrahimov, Azerbaijani mugam musician
- Nizami Khudiyev, MP, former Executive Director of AzTV
- Shamsaddin Khanbabayev, MP, Head of Khachmaz Rayon executive power.
- Nizami Bahmanov (posthumously), former MP, Head of Shusha Rayon executive power.
- Yavar Jamalov, Minister of Defence Industry of Azerbaijan
- Natig Aliyev, Minister of Industry and Energy of Azerbaijan Republic
- Nizami Bahmanov, Leader of Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno-Karabakh in Exile
- Hidayat Orujov, Azerbaijani writer and former Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations of Azerbaijan Republic
- Safar Abiyev,former Minister of Defense of Azerbaijan Republic
- Hüseyin Kıvrıkoğlu, Chief of Chief of General Staff of Turkish Armed Forces
- Ramiz Asker, PhD, thinker, linguist, writer, translator, educator.
- Nazim Ismayilov, Director of Azerbaijan National Agency for Mine Action (ANAMA) |
- "Azərbaycan Respublikasının "Şöhrət" ordeninin statutu və təsvirinin təsdiq edilməsi haqqında Azərbaycan Respublikasının qanunu" [The Law of Republic of Azerbaijan on the description and status of Shohrat order of Azerbaijan Republic]. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Çingiz Abdullayev "Şöhrət" ordeni ilə təltif edildi" [Chingiz Abdullayev awarded with Shohrat Order]. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Actor Yashar Nuri dies aged 61 after long illness". İctimai Television. 2012-11-22. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- "Zəlimxan Yaquba ikinci dəfə "Şöhrət" ordeni verildi" [Zalimkhan Yagub awarded Shohret Order for the second time]. RFE/RL. 2010-05-04. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Azərbaycan Prezidenti Mənsum İbrahimovu "Şöhrət" ordeni ilə təltif edib" [Mensum Ibrahimov awarded with Shohrat Order by President of Azerbaijan]. Trend News Agency. 2010-09-30. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Nizami Xudiyev və Şəmsəddin Xanbabayevə "Şöhrət" ordeni verildi" [Nizami Khudiyev and Shamsaddin Khanbabayev awarded with Shohrat Order]. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- ""Şöhrət" ordeni N.Bəhmənovun ailə üzvlərinə təqdim olundu." [Shohrat Order awarded to family members of Nizami Bahmanov]. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Türkiyə Cümhuriyyəti Silahlı Qüvvələrinin Baş Qərargahının rəisi ordu generalı Hüseyin Kıvrıkoğlunun "Şöhrət" ordeni ilə təltif edilməsi haqqında AZƏRBAYCAN RESPUBLİKASI PREZİDENTİNİN FƏRMANI" [Order of President of Azerbaijan on awarding Chief of General Staff of Republic of Turkey Huseyin Kivrikoglu with Shohrat Order]. Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- "Nazim Ələkbər oğlu İsmayılovun "Şöhrət" ordeni ilə təltif edilməsi haqqında Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin Sərəncamı" [Order of President of Azerbaijan on awarding Director of Azerbaijan National Agency for Mine Action (ANAMA) Nazim Ismayilov with Shohrat Order]. Retrieved 2014-10-20.