She's Out (TV series)
|Created by||Lynda La Plante|
|Directed by||Ian Toynton|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||6|
|No. of episodes||1 (list of episodes)|
Lynda La Plante (associate producer)
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cinema Verity for Carlton Television|
|Original release||6 March – 10 April 1995|
She's Out was a British primetime television crime drama. The six-part series was produced by Cinema Verity for Carlton Television and screened on ITV in 1995. Written by Lynda La Plante as a sequel to her 1980's series, Widows, She's Out takes up the story of the central character, Dolly Rawlins, ten years after the events of the previous series. Ann Mitchell, who played Dolly, and Kate Williams, who played Audrey Withey, were the only cast members from the original series to appear in She's Out. The executive producer for the series was Verity Lambert, and the series was directed by Ian Toynton, both of whom had worked on the original series.
It began with Dolly Rawlins' release from prison after serving a nine-year sentence for the murder of Harry, her husband. She teams up with several other parolees and make plans to stage a train robbery on horseback. Dolly's new companions in crime were fellow former inmates, brothel madam Ester Freeman (Linda Marlowe), Julia Lawson (Anna Patrick), a doctor who sold prescriptions to finance her heroin habit, arms dealer and fence Gloria Radford (Maureen Sweeney), prostitute Connie Stephens (Zoe Heyes), Angela Dunn (Indra Ove), a young woman embroiled in Ester's vice schemes, and forger Kathleen O'Reilly (Maggie McCarthy).
- Ann Mitchell as Dolly Rawlins
- Linda Marlowe as Ester Freeman
- Maureen Sweeney as Gloria Radford
- Anna Patrick as Julia Lawson
- Zoe Heyes as Connie Stephens
- Indra Ové as Angela Dunn
- Maggie McCarthy as Kathleen O'Reilly
- Adrian Rawlins as D.S. Mike Withey
- Kate Williams as Audrey Withey
- Hugh Quarshie as D.C.I. Ron Craigh
- Douglas McFerran as D.S. John Palmer
- Sophie Heyman as Susan Withey
- Terence Beesley as Jim Douglas
- Huggy Leaver as Eddie Radford
- Richard Lintern as John Maynard
- Buffy Davis as Norma Walker
- Antony Webb as Jimmy Donaldson
- "She's Out [DVD] : Amazon.co.uk: Ann Mitchell, Linda Marlowe, Maureen Sweeney, Anna Patrick, Zoe Heyes, Indra Ové, Adrian Rawlins, Hugh Quarshie, Douglas McFerran, Maggie McCarthy, Sophie Heyman, Terence Beesley: DVD & Blu-ray". amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Top 30 Programmes – BARB". barb.co.uk. Retrieved 11 February 2016.