Shane Dowling (hurler)
|Irish name||Seán Ó Dualaing|
|Position||Right corner-forward / Full-forward|
21 February 1993|
Caherdavin, Limerick, Ireland
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 02:54, 12 July 2015.|
Born in Caherdavin in Limerick, Dowling first excelled at hurling whilst at school in Ard Scoil Rís. He arrived on the inter-county scene at the age of sixteen when he first linked up with the Limerick minor team, before later lining out with the under-21 side. He made his senior debut in the 2012 National Hurling League. Dowling has become a regular member of the team since then, and has won one Munster medal.
Dowling plays his club hurling with the Na Piarsaigh club in Limerick. After developing his hurling at juvenile levels he later came to prominence as a member of the club's minor and under-21 hurling teams, winning county championship titles in both grades.
In 2011 Dowling helped Na Piarsaigh to their first ever county senior championship with a 2-18 to 0-13 defeat of Ahane. He later added a Munster club winners' medal to his collection following a 1-13 to 0-9 victory over Crusheen in a replay.
Dowling first came to prominence on the inter-county scene as a member of the Limerick minor team as a sixteen-year-old in 2009. He enjoyed little success in this grade before joining the county's under-21 hurling side. He collected a Munster title in this grade following an epic extra-time win over Cork in the provincial final in 2011.
Dowling rejected immediate calls to join the Limerick senior team, instead preferring to wait until the 2012 National League to make his debut. Later that year he made his championship debut in a Munster quarter-final against Tipperary. Dowling scored eight points on that occasion but it wasn't enough to defeat Tipp. In 2014 he scored 2-9 to help Limerick defeat Tipperary 2-18 to 2-16.
In 2013 Dowling won a Munster medal following a 0-24 to 0-15 victory over Cork. He was introduced as a substitute in the second half and score three points.
Dowling has also lined out with Munster in a number of inter-provincial campaigns and has enjoyed success.
- As of match played 9 July 2016.
- Na Piarsaigh
- Munster Senior Club Hurling Championship (2): 2011, 2013, 2015
- Limerick Senior Hurling Championship (3): 2011, 2013, 2015
- All-Ireland Senior Club Hurling Championship (1): 2015
- Railway Cup (1): 2013
- "Dowling goes from mascot to main man". Limerick Leader. 8 February 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Historic first for Na Piarsaigh". Hogan Stand. 4 December 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Treaty minors make two changes". Hogan Stand. 6 May 2009. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Treaty debuts for Allis and Dowling". Irish Examiner. 24 May 2012. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- O'Flynn, Diarmuid (15 July 2013). "Day of joy sends tremor through Treaty". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "Munster too strong for Connacht". Irish Examiner. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2013.