West Shandon House, built in the 1840s by John Thomas Rochead for Robert Napier, often described as 'the father of clyde shipbuilding' was a prominent landmark and was renowned for housing Napier's extensive art collection. It later became a hydropathic institution, but was demolished in 1958.
- Faslane Castle, Shandon Castle, and St Michael's Chapel, the sites of two castles and chapel, nearby
- West Shandon House
- TURKISH baths at Shandon House in the Helensburgh Heritage
- Osborne, Brian D (1991), Robert Napier: The Father of Clyde Shipbuilding, Dumbarton, Scotland: Dumbarton District Libraries, retrieved 2010-04-21
- Bradley, James; Dupree, Mageurite; Durie, Alastair (1997). "Taking the Water Cure: The Hydropathic Movement in Scotland, 1840-1940" (PDF). Business and Economic History. 26 (2): 429. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- Shifrin, Malcolm (3 October 2008). "Shandon Hydropathic Establishment: Dunbartonshire, Scotland". Victorian Turkish Baths: Their origin, development, and gradual decline. Retrieved 12 December 2009.. Note date discrepancies between Shifrin and Bradley, Dupree & Durie appear to depend on what aspect is being discussed. E.g., purchase of building, establishment and liquidation of operating company, demolishment of building.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shandon, Argyll and Bute.|