Entrance of the station
Sembayashi Itchome, Asahi, Osaka, Osaka|
|Coordinates||34°43′27.2″N 135°33′18.4″E / 34.724222°N 135.555111°ECoordinates: 34°43′27.2″N 135°33′18.4″E / 34.724222°N 135.555111°E|
|Operated by||Keihan Electric Railway|
|Line(s)||Keihan Main Line|
|Passengers ()||10,686 daily|
Opened in 1910, the station is famous for its long covered shopping street known as the Sembayashi Shōtengai. The shopping street even has a theme song that can be heard as you walk along the covered part of the street. Sembayashi-Ōmiya Station can be found at the other end of the shopping street.
The first Daiei store opened near this station. Some of the favorite stores have been the Kadoya Ice Cream Parlor, a popular hangout for students of the nearby high school.
- The station has 2 side platforms serving a track each on the 2nd level, outside of the inner tracks.
|1||■ Keihan Line||for Moriguchishi, Hirakatashi, Sanjo and Demachiyanagi|
|2||■ Keihan Line||for Kyobashi, Yodoyabashi and Nakanoshima|
|Keihan Main Line|
|Others: Does not stop at this station|
- Statistics of Osaka Prefecture. Averaged 5,337 entries plus 5,349 exits in fiscal year 2007.