Secretariat for Communications
|Secretaria pro communicatione|
|Established||June 29, 2015|
|Founded at||Vatican City|
|Merger of||Pontifical Council for Social Communications, Holy See Press Office, Vatican Internet Service, Vatican Radio, Vatican Television Center, L'Osservatore Romano, Vatican Press, Vatican Photo Service, and the Vatican Publishing House|
|Dario Edoardo Viganò|
|Lucio Adrian Ruiz|
|Part of a series on the|
of the Catholic Church
The Secretariat for Communications (Italian: Segreteria per la Comunicazione) is a dicastery of the Roman Curia with authority over all communications offices of the Holy See and the Vatican City State, including the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, Holy See Press Office, Vatican Internet Service, Vatican Radio, Vatican Television Center, Osservatore Romano, Vatican Press, Photograph Service, and Vatican Publishing House.
The secretariat was established by Pope Francis in June 2015. Monsignor Dario Edoardo Viganò, former director of the Vatican Television Center, is its prefect. Monsignor Lucio Adrian Ruiz, former head of the Vatican Internet Service, is secretary. Paul Nusiner, former General Manager of Avvenire is director general. James Galvan, former head of the International Relations Office and of Legal Affairs for Vatican Radio, and a member of the Board of Directors of the Vatican Television Center, is deputy director general.
- Patriarch Moran Mor Béchara Boutros Raï
- Cardinal John Njue
- Cardinal Chibly Langlois
- Cardinal Charles Maung Bo
- Cardinal Leonardo Sandri
- Cardinal Beniamino Stella
- Archbishop Diarmuid Martin
- Archbishop Gintaras Grušas
- Bishop Marcello Semeraro
- Bishop Stanislas Lalanne
- Bishop Pierre Nguyên Văn Kham
- Bishop Ginés Ramón García Beltrán
- Bishop Nuno Brás da Silva Martins
- Kim Daniels
- Markus Schächter
- Leticia Soberón Mainero
- Francis, Pope (2015-06-27). "For the establishment of the Secretariat for Communications". vatican.va. Archived from the original on 2015-07-07. Retrieved 2016-05-16.
- Holy See Press Office (2015-06-27). "Nomine nella Segreteria per la Comunicazione". press.vatican.va (Press release) (in Italian). Archived from the original on 2015-06-29.
- "Pope Francis promulgates Motu Proprio instituting the 'Secretariat for Communications' ". news.va. Pontifical Council for Social Communications. Vatican Radio. 2015-06-27. Archived from the original on 2015-06-28. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- "Pope Francis creates new secretariat overseeing all Vatican communications". catholicnewsagency.com. Catholic News Agency. 2015-06-27. Archived from the original on 2015-06-29.
- McElwee, Joshua (27 June 2015). "Francis creates Secretariat to elevate, consolidate Vatican communications". vaticaninsider.lastampa.it. Vatican Insider. La Stampa. National Catholic Reporter. Archived from the original on 2016-05-16. Retrieved 2015-06-29.
- "Nomina di membri della Segreteria per la Comunicazione". press.vatican.va (Press release) (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. 2016-07-13. Archived from the original on 2016-07-13.