Sebastian Francis Shaw
Sebastian Francis Shaw, O.F.M.
|Archbishop of Lahore|
|See||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Lahore|
|In office||2009 –|
|Ordination||6 December 1991|
14 November 1957|
|Previous post||Auxiliary Bishop of Lahore|
Sebastian Francis Shaw O.F.M. was born in Padri Jo Goth, Sindh, Pakistan on 14 November 1957. He received his early education at Fatima High School and attended the Government Degree College. He received his religious training under the Order of Friars Minor and at the Christ the King seminary in Karachi and was ordained a priest in Lahore, Pakistan on 6 December 1991. Before joining the Franciscans he was a teacher.
He was rector of the Juniorate and Postulancy of Darul Naim in Lahore from 1991 until 1995, taught at St. Mary's Minor Seminary, Lahore, and has also been Provincial of the Order of Friars Minor in Pakistan.
Bishop Shaw was consecrated as Bishop at Sacred Heart Cathedral, Lahore, on 25 April 2009. The principal celebrant was the Archbishop of Lahore Lawrence Saldanha, who was assisted by Most Rev Max John Rodrigues, Bishop of Hyderabad and Most Rev Joseph Coutts, Bishop of Faisalabad.
- The Catholic Weekly, Sydney. 3 June 2012.
- "Archbishop Sebastian Francis Shaw, O.F.M.". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "Bishop appointed". The News International. 15 February 2009.
- "Pope Appoints Auxiliary Bishop for the Archdiocese of Lahore (Pakistan)". radiovaticana.org. Vatican Radio. 14 February 2009. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- "Valentine's Day 'gift' of new bishop". ucanews.com. Union of Catholic Asian News. 17 February 2009. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- "26 April 2009". The News International.
- Official Vatican Network 27 October 2013
- Agenzia Fides 14 November 2013