|Created by||Roberto Stopello|
|Story by||Roberto Stopello|
|Theme music composer||Mario Quintero Lara|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||241 (list of episodes)|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|First shown in||United States|
|Original release||September 23, 2014 – present|
The telenovela might have starred Sandra Echeverría, but, Blanca Soto was selected for the role of protagonist. The title of the telenovela was first "Mujer de Acero", then later was changed to "Señora Acero".
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||73||September 23, 2014||January 12, 2015|
|2||75||September 22, 2015||January 11, 2016|
|3||93||July 19, 2016||December 5, 2016|
Season 1 (2014–15)
Señora Acero tells the story of a woman, Sara Aguilar, who was set to marry a PGR commander Vicente Acero, with whom she had a young son. On the day of Sara and Vicente's wedding, a group of hit men tried to kill Vicente; however, they failed but ended up killing Sara's father. Eventually, the assailants would be revealed to belong to a mysterious cartel and would kill Vicente due to belief that he stole 3 million dollars. Sara had to escape to Guadalajara to save herself and her son. Later on, she discovers that her husband did steal these 3 million dollars but when she tried to get the money, the cartel took it from her. Sara would soon learn and endure secrets, betrayals, deaths, and the struggle to save her son who would eventually fall ill. Desperate to save her son, she returned to Guadalajara where she would enter the drug business through another cartel, then would find herself in another set of malicious actions from continued enemies including the obsession of a drug lord. She would find love again when meeting another PGR agent and later on a spy.
Season 2 (2015–16)
After being in prison for five years, Sara hoped to go free for lack of evidence. However, the President of the Republic, at the request of his private secretary and sister Berta Aguilar, condemns Sara to 25 years in prison. The hatred of a resentful sister, the political ambitions of a corrupt president, and another bad move of fate sink the Lady of Steel into a deep depression. Once again it is up say goodbye to her son Salvador and her great love, Manuel Caicedo.
Season 3: La Coyote (2016)
Vicenta Rigores is one of the most respected and feared coyotes of the border between Mexico and the United States. Immigrants seek for her because she has fame to protect their lives when passing the edge. Homeland Security officials are seeking her, especially Daniel Phillips. The other coyotes want her dead because they are taking away business. The Coyote does not know that unbeknownst to her is that she is illegitimate daughter of narco Vicente Acero and the half-sister of Salvador, the only heir of the dynasty for the moment. Chucho Casares will be the worst enemy of Vicenta not only for being the murderer of her mother but because he opposes her relationship with Abelardo, his son. For Vicenta to bear the surname 'Acero' can be her salvation or death sentence. What is clear is that her name runs through her veins and now she is the only Señora Acero.
|Blanca Soto||Sara Aguilar||Main||Archive footage|
|Damián Alcázar||Vicente Acero||Guest||Archive footage|
|Marco Pérez||Felipe Murillo||Main||Archive footage|
|Jorge Zárate||Amaro "El Indio" Rodríguez||Main|
|Rossana San Juan||Mariana Acero||Guest|
|Andrés Palacios||Eliodoro Flórez Tarso||Main||Archive footage|
|Rebecca Jones||Enriqueta Sabido||Main|
|José Luis Reséndez||Acasio "Don Teca" Martínez||Main||Archive footage|
|Lincoln Palomeque||Manuel Caicedo||Main|
|Alejandro Calva||Miguel Quintanilla||Recurring||Main||Archive footage|
|Carolina Miranda||Vicenta Rigores "La Coyote"||Main|
|Luis Ernesto Franco||Daniel Phillips||Main|
|Sergio Goyri||Jesús 'Chucho' Casares||Main|
|Laura Flores||Edelmira Rigores||Guest|
|José María Torre||Larry Pérez "El Cheneque"||Main|
|Ana Lucía Domínguez||Marta Mónica Villalobos "La Tuti"||Recurring||Main|
|Gaby Espino||Indira Cárdenas||Guest|
|Season||Timeslot (AMT)||Episodes||First aired||Last aired|| Viewers|
|Date|| Finale viewers|
|1||Mon–Fri 10pm/9c||73||September 23, 2014||1.3||January 12, 2015||2.7||2.1|
|2||75||September 22, 2015||2.4||January 11, 2016||2.6||3.0|
|3||93||July 19, 2016||2.6||December 5, 2016||TBD||TBD|
Awards and nominations
|2014||People en Español||Best Actress||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|Galanazo del año||Andrés Palacios||Nominated|
|Best on-screen chemistry||Blanca Soto and Andrés Palacios||Nominated|
|Best telenovela||Señora Acero||Nominated|
|Best Female Antagonist||Rebecca Jones||Nominated|
|Best Male Antagonist||Jorge Zárate||Nominated|
|2015||Premios Tu Mundo||The Best Actor with Bad Luck||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|First Actress||Rebecca Jones||Nominated|
|First Actor||Damián Alcázar||Nominated|
|Súper Serie of the Year||Señora Acero||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actor: Series||Andrés Palacios||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress: Series||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Boy: Series||José Luis Reséndez||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Girl: Series||Luciana Silveyra||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress: Series||Litzy||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor: Series||Arturo Barba||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor: Series||Jorge Zárate||Nominated|
|2016||Miami Life Awards||Best Female Lead in a Telenovela||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|Best Male Lead in a Telenovela||José Luis Reséndez||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor in a Telenovela||Mauricio Henao||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress in a Telenovela||Rossana San Juan||Nominated|
|Best telenovela||Señora Acero||Nominated|
- "La Señora de Acero de Los Tucanes de Tijuana, tema principal de la serie "Señora Acero"". notinovelas.com (in Spanish). August 2, 2014. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Telemundo Internacional | Demo Señora Acero – Woman of Steel". telemundo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "Sandra Echeverría protagonizará la telenovela 'Mujer de acero'" (in Spanish). Revista TVnotas México. March 28, 2014. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "Sandra Echeverría será una Mujer de Acero" (in Spanish). Super Latina TV. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "VIDEO: Primer promocional de 'Señora Acero', protagonizada por Blanca Soto" (in Spanish). Revista TVnotas México. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "Inician las grabaciones de "Señora Acero 3, La Coyote"". telemundo.com. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "TelemundoFans Twitter Account". Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "Arranca serie en enero". elmanana.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "OFICIAL: "Señora Acero" tendrá tercera temporada por Telemundo". tvboricuausa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "VIDEO: Mira el 'tráiler' de 'Señora Acero', protagonizada por Blanca Soto". TVNotas (in Spanish). May 21, 2014. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- "Señora Acero 3, La Coyote Synopsis". telemundo.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Marta ¨La Tuti¨ | Ana Lucía Domínguez". telemundo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- Amanda Kondolojy (September 24, 2014). "The Premiere of Telemundo's 'Señora Acero' Ranked as the #1 Spanish-language Program in Its Time Slot Delivering Nearly 1.3 Million Adults 18-49". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- Amanda Kondolojy (January 14, 2015). "'Señora Acero' Finale Ranks #1 in Spanish Language TV at 10PM Averaging 2.7 Million Total Viewers". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Telemundo's 'Señora Acero' Second Season Premiere Ranks as #1 Spanish-Language Primetime Program Among Adults 18-49". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Episodio final de la segunda temporada de Señora Acero lideró la audiencia por Telemundo". produ.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Llega #Martres el martes 19 de julio, la noche de triple estreno de Telemundo". twitter.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "http://front04.impremedia.com/2016/07/21/telemundo-logro-rating-historico-en-el-estreno-de-sus-tres-novelas". http://www.laopinión.com/. External link in
- "People En Español Las Estrellas Del Año 2014: Angelique Boyer, Sebastián Rulli, William Levy y Enrique Iglesias Entre Los Ganadores [LISTA COMPLETA]". Spanish Latinos Post (in Spanish). November 14, 2014. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Telemundo Networkk. "Lista completa de los nominados a Premios Tu Mundo 2015". Telemundo (in Spanish). Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Conoce a los ganadores de "Premios Tu Mundo 2015" de Telemundo". tvboricuausa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 21, 2015.
- "Nominaciones Miami Life Awards". miamilifeawards.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 April 2016.