Savina Monastery, Montenegro
Savina Monastery (Serbian Cyrillic: Савина, meaning "Sava's monastery") is a Serbian Orthodox monastery of three churches near the city Herceg Novi in the Bay of Kotor, located in thick Mediterranean vegetation in one of the most beautiful parts of the northern Montenegrin coast. It was founded by Stjepan Vukčić Kosača, the Duke of Saint Sava (r. 1448–1466).
- The small Church of the Assumption is 10m high and 6m wide. Its foundation dates to 1030, although the oldest record of it is from 1648. Its reconstruction began in the late 17th century, with the arrival of refugee monks from Tvrdoš Monastery in Herzegovina, and it was completed in 1831.
- The Great Temple of the Assumption was built between the 1777 and 1799, and builder was a master Nikola Foretić from the island of Korčula.
- The Church (or Temple) of St. Sava, built by Saint Sava, located outside the monastery complex.
Emir Kusturica's baptism
- "Article about Kusturica's religion on". Pionirovglasnik.com. 26 July 2005. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- Komar, Goran (2001). "Светоуспенски манастир Савина у Мељинама код Херцег-Новог" (in Serbian). Janus; Projekat Rastko.
- Ćapin, Đorđe (2005). "Заштитно археолошко ископавање Цркве светог Саве на Савини (Херцег-Нови)". Projekat Rastko.