It was built in the 15th century and called San Salvatore in Portico. When the church was given to the "Università dei Sarti" (the association of tailors) in 1575, the church was dedicated to their patron saint, Saint Homobonus. Next to it is the Sant'Omobono Area, containing the remains of two Roman temples.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sant'Omobono (Rome).|
- (English) Sant'Omobono on roman-empire.net
- (English)(Italian) Comune di Roma/Calabria/Michigan excavations