Sangha Department (Republic of the Congo)
- See also Sangha (disambiguation).
Sangha, department of the Republic of the Congo
|Country||Republic of the Congo|
|• Total||55,800 km2 (21,500 sq mi)|
|Population (2007 census)|
|• Density||1.5/km2 (4.0/sq mi)|
Sangha is a department of the Republic of the Congo in the northern part of the country. It borders the departments of Cuvette, Cuvette-Ouest, and Likouala, and internationally, Cameroon, Gabon and the Central African Republic. The regional capital is Ouésso. Principal towns include Sembé and Souanké.
Sangha is divided into one commune and five districts:
- Commune of Ouésso
- The region's nature reserve system
- The difficult fight against HIV in Sangha
- Ecological survey of the region
- Historical review of the area's concession companies