Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon
|Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon|
|Also known as||
Tomorrow Belongs to Me |
Attack on Chocolate
|Genre||Melodrama, Family drama, Romance, Business, Mystery, Suspense|
Rondel P. Lindayag |
Roldeo T. Endrinal |
Julie Anne R. Benitez
Philip King |
Jerome C. Pobocan |
Trina N. Dayrit
|Creative director(s)||Johnny delos Santos|
Bea Alonzo |
|Narrated by||Bea Alonzo as Rose|
Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon |
by Angeline Quinto
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||84 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jennifer Soliman-Bolalin|
|Producer(s)||Emerald C. Suarez|
|Location(s)||N. Bacalso Ave, Cebu City, Philippines|
30-45 minutes |
Monday - Friday at 21:15 (PST)
|Production company(s)||Dreamscape Entertainment Television|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||June 16 – October 10, 2014|
Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon (Lit: I Wish Yesterday Were Still Tomorrow; English: Tomorrow Belongs to Me) is a 2014 Philippine melodrama television series directed by Jerome C. Pobocan and Trina N. Dayrit, starring Bea Alonzo, Paulo Avelino and Albert Martinez, with Maricar Reyes, together with an ensemble cast. The drama was named after the 1983 film of the same name, courtesy of Viva Films. The series was aired on ABS-CBN and worldwide on The Filipino Channel from June 16, 2014 to October 10, 2014, replacing The Legal Wife.
The story revolved around two different women, who will be united by fate and their hunger to seek truth and justice – Emmanuelle, a feisty lawyer; and Rose, the kindhearted heiress of the Buena Criollo chocolate company, who will be accused of a crime she did not commit.
Rose Buenavista (Bea Alonzo) is the heir to one of the biggest chocolate manufacturers in the country. But despite her wealth, intelligence, and stature, she is lacking in beauty and confidence. At 25, she has never had a boyfriend and secretly wishes that one day she will find that one great love. Sooner or later, her wish comes true as Patrick (Paulo Avelino), a handsome & talented chocolatier whom she hires seems to be attracted to her. Unknown to Rose, her stepsister, Sasha (Maricar Reyes) was the one who orchestrated their meeting in the desire to distract her, giving way for her to take over the chocolate company. Though their relationship was based on a hidden business agenda, Patrick starts to get to know Rose & realizes the goodness of her heart and her beauty within. Patrick sincerely falls in love with Rose and asks her to marry him. Everything was going well until her father, Henry Buenavista (Chinggoy Alonzo) is killed & she gets convicted for the crime. Rose hires the beautiful, confident and career-driven Emmanuelle Romero (Bea Alonzo) as her lawyer. While in prison, Rose also learns of the scheme hatched by her stepsister and Patrick. Things get worse when, on the night that her lawyer, Emmanuelle tells Rose about an evidence that could set her free, they both get in a car explosion accident. Rose survives the accident but wakes up in the hospital, badly burned and surrounded by Emmanuelle’s family. Everybody believes that Rose died in the explosion and that the real Rose is Emmanuelle, the beautiful and brilliant lawyer. Rose assumes Emmanuelle’s identity and sets out to regain the company that was taken from her and to seek justice for the death of her father. But more than anything, Rose as Emmanuelle vows revenge on the person who betrayed her the most. The love of her life, Patrick.
Cast and characters
- Bea Alonzo as Rose Buenavista-Salvador / Atty. Emmanuelle Gaspar-Romero
- Paulo Avelino as Patrick Salvador
- Albert Martinez as Leo Romero
- Maricar Reyes as Sasha B. Syquia-Salvador
- Susan Roces as Ruth Leviste-Gaspar
- Anita Linda as Patrice "Lola Patchi" Salvador
- Eddie Garcia as Magno Ruiz
- Dina Bonnevie as Laura Bayle-Buenavista / Syquia
- Tonton Gutierrez as Carlos Syquia / Señor Muerte
- Michelle Vito as Violet Buenavista
- Francis Magundayao as Sebastian Syquia
- Miguel Vergara as Francisco Miguel "Kit" Romero
- Joem Bascon as Gerald
- Malou Crisologo as Yaya Divine
- Nikki Valdez as Rocky Gomez
- Ben Isaac as Banjo
- Jong Cuenco as Anton Abueva
- Rolly Inocencio as Buenavista family attorney
- Jordan Herrera as Ramon
- Jon Lucas as Jester
- Chienna Filomeno as Pauleen
- Elisse Joson as Erica
- Paulo Angeles as Ryan
- See Aviv Villanueva as Jason
- Angeline Quinto as Angie
- Bembol Roco as Fidel de Guzman
- Chinggoy Alonzo as Henry Buenavista
- Christian Vasquez as young Henry Buenavista
- Precious Lara Quigaman as Jasmine Ruiz-Buenavista
- Eula Valdez as Helena Salvador-Romero
- Dominic Ochoa as Emmanuel Gaspar
- Dimples Romana as Alicia Del Mundo-Gaspar
- Alexandra Macanan as young Rose Buenavista
- Dexie Daulat as young Emmanuelle Gaspar
- Nathaniel Britt as young Leo Romero
- Dominic Roque as teenage Leo Romero
- Yayo Aguila as young Ruth Gaspar
- Ricardo Cepeda as young Magno Ruiz
- Bangs Garcia as young adult Laura Bayle
- Ron Morales as young adult Carlos Syquia
- Yogo Singh as young Carlos Syquia
- Dingson Genesis as young Fidel
- William Lorenzo as Ernesto Ramos
|PILOT EPISODE||FINALE EPISODE||PEAK||AVERAGE||SOURCE|
The first choice for the role of Sasha was KC Concepcion but decided to refuse. The second choice was Iza Calzado but faced contract issues for the final casting; she was later replaced by Maricar Reyes.
On June 30, 2014, Star Records Inc. officially released the “Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon (The Official Soundtrack)” and is now available in physical and digital formats in various music stores. All the songs from the official soundtrack album of the series are performed by Angeline Quinto.
|2.||"Why Can't It Be"||3:47|
|3.||"Umiiyak Ang Puso"||4:51|
|5.||"Wherever You Are"||4:46|
|6.||"Hindi Ko Kaya"||5:04|
|8.||"Forever (duet with Erik Santos)"||4:01|
|9.||"Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon"||4:59|
|Additional tracks (minus one)|
|10.||"Gusto Kita (minus one)"||4:47|
|11.||"Why Can't It Be (minus one)"||3:50|
|12.||"Umiiyak Ang Puso (minus one)"||4:51|
|13.||"Someday (minus one)"||3:47|
|14.||"Wherever You Are (minus one)"||4:46|
|15.||"Hindi Ko Kaya (minus one)"||5:04|
|16.||"Muli (minus one)"||4:37|
|17.||"Forever (duet with Erik Santos) (minus one)"||4:01|
|18.||"Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon (minus one)"||4:57|
- "WATCH: Angeline sings 'Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon' theme song". ABS-CBN News. June 4, 2014. Retrieved June 6, 2014.
- "SANA BUKAS PA ANG KAHAPON Teaser". ABSCBNOnline. YouTube. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "SANA BUKAS PA ANG KAHAPON Full Trailer". ABSCBNOnline. YouTube. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- "PHOTOS: Sana Bukas Pa Ang Kahapon Presscon". ABS-CBN Corporation. January 9, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "Bea Alonzo makes TV comeback with soap". ABS-CBN News. January 9, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Serato, Arniel C. (January 9, 2014). "Bea Alonzo excited but pressured about her new primetime series". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Blanco, Eunice (January 10, 2014). "A 'new Bea Alonzo' in upcoming tele-serye comeback". The Philippine Star. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "Bea doesn't mind being paired with older actors". ABS-CBN News. February 3, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "Angeline sings all 9 tunes in 'Sana Bukas Pa' album". ABS-CBN News. July 2, 2014. Retrieved July 2, 2014.