Saint Mary's Township, Perry County, Missouri
|St. Marys Township, Missouri|
Location of Perry County
|Coordinates: 37°40′24″N 90°01′40″W / 37.67327°N 90.02768°WCoordinates: 37°40′24″N 90°01′40″W / 37.67327°N 90.02768°W|
|• Total||103 sq mi (270 km2)|
|• Land||102 sq mi (260 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|GNIS Feature ID||767155|
Saint Mary’s Township was most likely given the name by Catholic members of the community who worshiped at St. Mary’s-of-the-Barrens Church. The name St. Mary's may be further connected to Catholic Kentucky settlers who originated in St. Mary's County, Maryland.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,708 people, with a density of 16.7 per square mile (6.5 km2), residing in the township. The population density was 25 people per square mile. The racial makeup of the town was 98.24% White, 0.53% American Indian and Alaska Native, and 0.88% from other races.
- "Township of Saint Marys". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri: Perry County Place Names http://shs.umsystem.edu/manuscripts/ramsay/ramsay_perry.html
- Walter A. Schroeder (2002). "Opening the Ozarks: A Historical Geography of Missouri's Ste. Genevieve District, 1760-1830". ISBN 9780826263063.
- Perry County, Missouri, US http://www.perrycountymo.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/152
- Landmark Hunter: Perry County, Missouri http://landmarkhunter.com/mo/perry/
- St. Marys Township, Perry County, Missouri (MO) http://www.city-data.com/township/St.-Marys-Perry-MO.html
- Places of the USA: St. Marys Township http://www.placesofusa.com/missouri/perry-county/st-marys-township