|Editor in Chief||Michel Bouchard|
|Publisher||Éditions Les Artistocrates|
Serge Boisvert DeNevers
|First issue||October 1987|
|Final issue||July 2016|
Safarir was a Canadian French-language humour magazine. The name is derived from "safari" and French "ça fait rire", "it makes you laugh". It was incirculation between 1987 and 2016
History and profile
Safarir was established in 1987. It was published monthly in Quebec City from October 1987 until 2001, and thereafter in Montreal by Éditions Les Artistocrates.
Notable writers and artists who contributed to Safarir included Éric Thériault; and Delaf and Dubuc, whose Les Nombrils was introduced in Safarir in 2004. The magazine ceased publication in July 2016.
- 1 2 "French humour magazine Safarir closing its doors". Montreal Gazette. 25 July 2016. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- Official website
- Mira Falardeau, La bande dessinée au Québec, éditions du Boréal, 1994 (French)
- Bernard Dubois, Bande dessinée québécoise : répertoire bibliographique à suivre, éditions D.B.K., 1996 (French)
- Michel Viau, BDQ, Répertoire des publications de bandes dessinées au Québec des origines à nos jours, éditions Mille-Îles, 1999 (French)
- Mira Falardeau, Histoire de la bande dessinée au Québec, VLB éditeur, 2008 (French)
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 12/3/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.