22 November 1923
14 January 2012 88) (aged|
|Spouse(s)||Pierre Badel (19??-2012; her death)|
She starred in the 1972 film The Bar at the Crossing, which was entered into the 22nd Berlin International Film Festival. She was a voice actress in the cartoon Western movies, Daisy Town (1971, as "Lulu Carabine") and La Ballade des Dalton (1978, as "Miss Worthlesspenny").
Life and career
Born Nevarte Manouelian in Istanbul, Turkey, she emigrated to France at an early age. She appeared in comedies. From 1985-93, she had the title role (Maguy Boissier) in 333 episodes of the hit TV series Maguy. In 2007, she won the 7 d'Or award for Best Actress for playing Maguy Boissier.
She died 14 January 2012 at the American Hospital in Neuilly-sur-Seine, aged 88, following a battle with bronchitis, which degenerated into a lung infection, according to her widower, director Pierre Badel.
- Manon (1949)
- Three Women (1952)
- Fortunat (1960)
- Le Tracassin or Les Plaisirs de la ville (1961)
- La Vendetta (1960)
- Antoine and Colette (1962)
- Love at Twenty (1962)
- Thomas the Impostor (1964)
- Male Companion (1964)
- Angélique, Marquise des Anges (1964)
- Merveilleuse Angélique (1965)
- Mon oncle Benjamin (1969)
- The Bar at the Crossing (1972)
- Peur sur la ville (1975)
- Waiter! (1983)
- Le braconnier de Dieu (1983)
- Monsieur de Pourceaugnac (1985)
- "Rosy Varte est décédée, adieu "Maguy"". Leparisien.fr. 15 January 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "IMDB.com: Awards for The Bar at the Crossing". imdb.com. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- Minovitz, Ethan (19 January 2012). "French theater, TV actress Rosy Varte dies at 88". Big Cartoon News. Retrieved 13 July 2015.