South Wales, U.K.
|Education||Mountview Theatre School|
Ross O'Hennessy is a Welsh actor. He is best known for his roles in Hollyoaks Later, Da Vinci's Demons, The Musketeers. and playing the blood thirsty Role of Sir Locke in Kurt Sutter's new international television series The Bastard Executioner.
In 2015, he replaced Edward Dogliani as Lord of Bones in Season 5 of the HBO series Game of Thrones. Since appearing in Game of thrones Ross O'Hennessy has been cast to play the viscious character of Carnage Cliff in the feature film adaption of the comic book Accident Man.
O'Hennessy was born into a working class Welsh family but by the age 16 knew he wanted to spend his time acting. At the age of 18 he left wales and moved to London to chase his career. He was extremely lucky to be accepted in to the National Youth Theatre where he was tutored by actor Hakeem Kae-Kazim and performed in Maggie May, The Tempest and Macbeth in London. From these plays Ross won a scholorship from Sir John Mills and The Stage newspaper which enabled him to attend a three-year acting course at the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts.
O'Hennessy picked up a career in the theatre and gained his first appearance at Chichester Festival Theatre in a play called The Visit in which he acted opposite Hollywood actress Lauren Bacall which was directed by Terry Hands. With such a big production came a lot of attention for Ross and so he was asked the join The Royal Shakespeare Company where he performed in As You Like It directed by Steven Pimlott, Three Hours After Marriage directed by Richard Cottrell and Troilus and Cressida directed by Ian Judge.
Television and film appearances
O'Hennessy very quickly moved into the world of television and film with his first television appearance being as Cpl Dando on Soldier Soldier in 1995 to 1997. He continued to work as a typical television jobbing actor until he got his big break in 2011 playing the role of Bruce Maverick in Hollyoaks Later. He was asked to play the role of Commander Quattrone in Da Vinci's Demons. having played this powerful role in such a big budget production allowed O'Hennessy to move into performances like Rattle Shirt - The Lord of Bones in Game of Thrones.
Ross has completed work in 2015 on the BBC Musketeers and has begun working on Kurt Sutter's new show all about the medieval times. O'Hennessy plays Sir Locke in this new FX production called The Bastard Executioner.
Ross O'Hennessy is an active supporter of the arts and took part in a charity campaign to save his local theatre where he first started acting at the age of 15. Ross hosted a 'Game of Thrones' event where he came to auction Game of Thrones memorabilia and photos. He hosted a charity signing plus a question and answer session. The theatre was successful in its campaign and the Blackwood Little theatre was saved.
|2016||Our Father||Sergeant Browning||Short Film|
|2014||Narcopolis||Officer Archer||Feature Film|
|2014||The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box||Team Member||Feature Film|
|2009||Colonial Gods||Construction Manager||Short Film|
|2009||I Know You Know||The Desk Sgt.||Feature Film|
|2008||Clapham Junction||Merv||TV Movie|
|2001||Conspiracy||Adjutant SS Officer||TV Movie|
|2015||The Bastard Executioner||Locke|
|2015||Game of Thrones||RattleShirt - Lord of Bones|
|2013–2014||Da Vinci's Demons||Commander Quattrone|
|2014||Holby City||Barry Mackenzie|
|2012||Hollyoaks Later||Bruce Maverick|
|2007||Belonging||John the Foreman|
|2006||Caerdydd||John Davies - Immigration Officer|
|2005||The Giblet Boys||Mr Saunders|
|2005||Bad Girls||Security Officer|
|2004||Rosemary and Thyme||P.C. Donald Stuart|
|2003||Mile High||Crazy Rugby Fan|
|1995-1997||Soldier Soldier||Cpl Dando|
- "Ross Ohennessy".
- "Ross O'Hennessy". IMDb. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Ross O'Hennessy".
- The Bastard Executioner
- "The Bastard Executioner TV show on FX: ratings (cancel or renew?)". 18 November 2015.
- "'The Bastard Executioner' To Premiere Fall 2015; 4 Things To Know About 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter's New Show". 24 May 2015.
- "'Game Of Thrones' Recasts Rattleshirt, Lord Of Bones With Handsome Welsh Actor Ross O'Hennessy, Winter Is Coming, Highlight Hollywood News - Highlight Hollywood".
- "Rattleshirt recast". Watchers on the Wall. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Ross Ohennessy".
- "As You Like It, Pimlott/Martin-Davies, Royal Shakespeare Company, October 1996".
- "Production of Three Hours After Marriage - Theatricalia".
- "The RSC Shakespeare".
- Administrator. "Troilus and Cressida".
- "Soldier Soldier". 10 June 1991 – via IMDb.
- TV.com. "Da Vinci's Demons".
- "Da Vinci's Demons". 1 January 2000 – via IMDb.
- "Rattleshirt (Character)".
- "Ross O'Hennessy on Twitter".
- "Game of Thrones star backs bid to save Blackwood theatre".
- "Work starts on roof of threatened community theatre after £18,000 target is reached".
- "November Events".