|Dame Rosalind Savill|
DBE FSA FBA
Rosalind Joy Savill|
12 May 1951
|Alma mater||University of Leeds|
|Occupation||Director of the Wallace Collection|
An alumna of the University of Leeds, Savill was first employed at the Victoria and Albert Museum as a canteen cashier. Later she was named Museum Assistant at the Wallace Collection, where she was appointed as Assistant to the Director in 1978. In April 1988, Savill's The Wallace Collection Catalogue of Sèvres Porcelain was published in three volumes, which took her a decade to compile.
In 1990 she was awarded the National Art Collection Fund prize for her scholarship. In 2000 she received the CBE for her services to the study of ceramics. In 1992 she was named Director of the Wallace Collection. She retired from that post in 2011. In 2009 she was named Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- National Trust Art's Panel, Member
- Art Advisory Committee, National Museums and Galleries of Wales
- Royal Mint Advisory Committee
- Museums and Collections Advisory Committee, English Heritage
- Somerset House, trustee
- Campaign for Museums
- Camden School for Girls, Governor
- French Porcelain Society, President