Catholic Church in São Tomé and Príncipe
|Part of a series on the|
|Catholic Church by country|
International distribution (2010).
The Catholic Church in São Tomé and Príncipe is part of the Catholic Church, under the spiritual leadership of the Pope and Roman Curia in Rome and forms the largest religion in the country. A majority of the residents São Tomé and Príncipe adhere to Roman Catholicism.
In 2005, about 118,000 (88%) residents of São Tome and Principe were members of the Catholic Church. The country consists of a single diocese, Roman Catholic Diocese of São Tomé and Príncipe, which has Manuel António Mendes dos Santos as bishop since 2006. The bishop is a member of the Episcopal Conference of Angola and São Tomé whose president of the Episcopal Conference is Gabriel Mbilingi, bishop of Lubango (Angola). Furthermore, one member of the Inter Regional Meeting of Bishops of Southern Africa and Symposium of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar.
- Apostolic Pro- Nuncio
- Archbishop Fortunato Baldelli (4 May 1985 - 20 April 1991, later Cardinal)
- Archbishop Felix del Blanco Prieto (31 May 1991 - 4 May 1996)
- Apostolic Nuncio
- Conferência Episcopal de Angola e São Tomé
- Catholic Church in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Catholic Church in São Tomé and Príncipe - Catholic-Hierarchy