Coláiste Charraig an Tobair
Cashel, County Tipperary|
Republic of Ireland
Inter Mutanda Constantia|
("Constancy in the midst of change")
|President||Fr. Jack Meade, C.S.Sp.|
|Principal||Ms. Audrey O’Byrne|
|Years offered||1st - 7th|
|Gender||Male and Femal|
|Number of students||500|
|Colour(s)||Blue and White|
|Religious compiliation||Roman Catholicism (Spiritans)|
Rockwell College, founded in 1864, is a private Catholic secondary school near Cashel, County Tipperary in Ireland. It offers day as well as full boarding. The school has a proud rugby tradition and has won the Munster Schools Senior Cup 26 times and the Munster Schools Junior Cup 19 times. Rockwell is run by the Spiritans and has a long list of distinguished former pupils and teachers, including several Presidents of Ireland.
Notable past pupils
- Michael Ahern, former Junior Minister for Industry and Commerce and currently TD for Cork East
- Dr. Henry Barniville, Senator and Professor of Anatomy in University College Dublin
- Andrew Boylan, former Fine Gael TD for Cavan–Monaghan
- Ruairí Brugha, Fianna Fáil TD, Senator and MEP
- Dr. Patrick Hillery, President of Ireland 1976-1990
- Dr. Maurice Manning, Chancellor of National University of Ireland, former Fine Gael Senator and President of the Irish Human Rights Commission
- Enda Marren, Fine Gael trustee and Member of Irish Council of State
- Seán McCarthy, former Minister of State for Finance and Technology
- William Quirke, former Fianna Fáil Senator and Tipperary IRA leader during the Irish War of Independence and the Irish Civil War.
- Thomas Walsh, former Fianna Fáil TD for Carlow–Kilkenny
- Maurice Collins, SC
- Mr. Justice David Keane, Judge of the High Court
- Fionán Lynch, former Circuit Court Judge and Deputy Leader of Fine Gael
- Mr. Justice John L. Murray, former Chief Justice of Ireland, former judge of the Irish Supreme Court, former judge of the European Court of Justice, former Attorney General of Ireland, and current Chancellor of the University of Limerick.
- Former Attorney General John Rogers SC
- Sean Whelan, BL and former Irish Ambassador to Turkey
- Judge Desmond Zaiden, Judge of the District Court
- Richie Boucher, CEO of the Bank of Ireland
- Karl Llewellyn, CEO of E-com Interaction
- Mark Moran, former Chairman of the EBS Building Society and Chairman of Mater Private Hospital
- John Riordan, former Chief Executive of UPC Broadband and Chorus Digital
- Brody Sweeney, CEO of O'Briens Irish Sandwich Bars and Fine Gael candidate in 2007 election
- Patrick Butler, rugby player
- Jack Clarke, footballer
- Michael Dargan, international cricketer and rugby player
- Willie Duggan, rugby international
- Michael "Mick" Fitzgibbon, rugby international
- Denis Fogarty, rugby player
- John Fogarty, rugby international
- Gary Halpin, rugby international
- Denis Leamy, rugby international
- Pat McGrath, hurler
- Paul McNaughton, currently manager of the Irish rugby team
- Mark Melbourne, rugby player
- David Sheehan, winner, Walker Cup in 1973
- Walter Swinburn, jockey, who won 8 British Classics, including the 1981 Derby with Shergar
- Phil Conway, Irish Olympian represented Ireland at 1972 Munich Olympics.
- Cardinal Michael Browne, O.P.
- Monsignor Pádraig de Brún, former President of National University of Ireland, Galway
- Fr. Denis Fahey
- John M. Feehan, author and publisher
- Fr. Aengus Finucane, former Chief Executive of Concern Worldwide, was a teacher
- Seán McCarthy - Broadcaster, writer, poet, actor and presenter of RADIO IRISH New York City.
- Thomas MacDonagh - poet, teacher and co-leader of 1916 Rising, for which he was executed.
- Lieut. General Colm Mangan - former Chief of Staff of the Irish Defence Forces,
- Pádraic Ó Conaire, writer
- Liam O'Flaherty, writer
- Kevin Roche, architect
- Richard Rice, architect
- Gabriel Rosenstock, writer
- Éamon de Valera - Taoiseach and President of Ireland, was a teacher at the school.
- "Female principal for Rockwell College". Irish Times. February 3, 2012. Retrieved 11 September 2012.