1978 (age 37–38)
Life and career
Coudert has played the piano since childhood. He studied at the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris.
In 1998, he released a very first EP, for a Source Records compilation Musique pour un Enfant Jouet. Three years later, the highly instrumental album Don’t Kill came out on Source Records (Daft Punk, Air, Phoenix, etc.), and a second album Satyred Love in 2002.
At the same time, Rob worked with Sebastien Tellier and Phoenix on different projects. In 2005, he composed the original music of a short film, Pink Cowboy Boots, and produces several artists such as Melissa Mars (2005), Zaza Fournier (2008), Alizée, Adanowski (2010) or Leon Larregui (2011) - n°1 in Mexico. He also get on a new and complex work of art with the label Institubes : le Dodécalogue
His work, which clearly sounds as the original score of an imaginary movie, gets rewarded and asked in the film industry. Rob tops out with art house films : Belle Épine, Jimmy Rivière, Eperdument, Planetarium ; mainstream comedies : Radiostars, Populaire, nominated for César Award for Best Music Written for a Film or thrillers like Made in France. He deals also with horror movies Franck Khalfoun's Maniac (2012) and Amityville : The Awakening (2016), Alexandre Aja's Horns in 2014 and TV show in Eric Rochant's Le Bureau des Légendes (1rst season in 2015, 2nd season in 2016).
Working as a duo with producer Jack Lahana (who did a remix of Don’t Kill), with whom he crates Hippocampus Studio, Rob has become a reference in the small world of score music.
- "Musique pour un enfant jouet" (1999)
- "Amours" (2000)
- "Power glove" (2001)
- Don't kill (2001)
- Satyred love (2002)
- Dodécalogue Vol I : Pierre (2009)
- Dodécalogue Vol II : Jean (2009)
- Dodécalogue Vol III : Jacques Le Majeur (2009)
- Dodécalogue Vol IV : Jude Thadée (2009)
- Dodécalogue Vol V : Matthieu (2010)
- Dodécalogue Vol VI : Philippe (2010)
Art director / producer
- 2007 : Melissa Mars
- 2008 and 2011 : Zaza Fournier
- 2010 : Alizée
- 2010 : Adanowsky
- 2012 : León
- 2012 : Junesex
- 2013 : La Danza de la realidad (Original Motion Picture producer) by Alejandro Jodorowsky
- 2005 :
- Pink Cowboy Boots by Marie Larrea (Short Film)
- 2010 :
- 2011 :
- Jimmy Rivière by Teddy Lussi-Modeste
- 2012 :
- 2013 :
- 2014 :
- 2015 :
- 2016 :
- Produced a Remix of the title "Playground love" by Air . It is available on the maxi-single "Playground love".
- "Robin Coudert". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-0-07. Check date values in:
- "Gallery - Robin Coudert". United by Phoenix. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- En compétition : Belle épine de Rebecca Zlotowski consultation du 16 mai 2010.
- "WME - Client Profiles". Wmeclients.com. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- Robin Coudert at the Internet Movie Database
- Rob - Because Editions
- Rob on Discogs
- Rob on AllMusic