Location of Ristijärvi in Finland
|Coordinates: 64°30.3′N 028°13′E / 64.5050°N 28.217°ECoordinates: 64°30.3′N 028°13′E / 64.5050°N 28.217°E|
|• Municipal manager||Juhani Kauppi|
|• Total||897.92 km2 (346.69 sq mi)|
|• Land||835.61 km2 (322.63 sq mi)|
|• Water||62.31 km2 (24.06 sq mi)|
|Area rank||124th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||309th largest in Finland|
|• Density||1.61/km2 (4.2/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.3% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||10.6%|
|• 15 to 64||59.9%|
|• 65 or older||29.5%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
It is part of the Kainuu region. The municipality has a population of 1,346 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 897.92 square kilometres (346.69 sq mi) of which 62.31 km2 (24.06 sq mi) is water. The population density is 1.61 inhabitants per square kilometre (4.2/sq mi). The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
People born in Ristijärvi
- Salomo Pulkkinen, Member of Parliament
- Kari Härkönen, cross country skier
- Hannu Takkula, Member of the European Parliament
- Kaisa Mäkäräinen, biathlete
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Media related to Ristijärvi at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Ristijärvi – Official website, finnish, english and german