Luis Reyes de la Maza
|Directed by||Dimitrio Sarrás|
Enrique Álvarez Félix
Ana Laura Maldonado
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||174|
|Executive producer(s)||Valentín Pimstein|
|Location(s)||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||January 24, 1977 – January 23, 1978|
|Preceded by||Mañana será otro día|
|Followed by||Mamá campanita|
La italianita (1973)|
Rubí rebelde (1989)
María Mercedes (1992)
Inocente de Ti (2004)
María Esperança (2007)
Maria Mercedes (Philippine version) (2013)
Rina is a Mexican telenovela produced by Valentín Pimstein for Televisa in 1977. It was written by Inés Rodena and starred Ofelia Medina as a hunchback named Rina, Enrique Álvarez Félix as her love interest named Carlos Augusto and María Rubio as main villain of the history named Rafaela. It is a remake of the Venezuelan telenovela "La italianita" produced by RCTV in 1973 which is based on the original "Enamorada".
Rina is a poor young hunchbacked woman who sells flowers on the streets of Mexico City. She approaches cars at stop-lights to offer her products and one day she meets an old rich man. The man gets acquainted with Rina and eventually manipulates her into marrying him. The old man dies soon afterwards, and Rina is faced with dealing with his greedy sister-in-law Rafaela (María Rubio) as well as her feelings for the son of that woman, Carlos Augusto.
- Ofelia Medina as Rina Galeana vda. de Zubizarreta/de Zubizarreta
- Enrique Álvarez Félix as Carlos Augusto Zubizarreta Miranda y Castro
- María Rubio as Doña Rafaela Miranda y Castro vda. de Zubizarreta
- Carlos Ancira as Don Leopoldo Zubizarreta
- Alicia Rodríguez as María Julia/Victoria
- Ana Laura Maldonado Betina
- Rafael Llamas as Carmelo
- Alicia Encinas as Gisela
- Rosa María Moreno as Dionisia
- Sasha Montenegro as Marcela
- Virginia Gutiérrez as Rosario
- Raúl Meraz as Guillermo
- Guillermo Zarur as Javier
- Otto Sirgo as Omar
- Lupita Lara as Margarita
- Magda Guzmán as Doña Chana
- María Fernanda as Nora
- Javier Ruán as Daniel Galeana
- Olga Breeskin as Silvia
- Demián Bichir as Juanito
- Aurora Molina as Eleuteria
- Rubén Rojo as Rodolfo
- Renata Flores as Renata
- Gerardo del Castillo as Manolo
- Mauricio Ferrari as Lambertie
- Rubén Calderón as Doctor
- Miguel Palmer as Lic. Carrillo
- Salvador Pineda as El Nene
- Daniel Santalucía as Ramiro
- Maricruz Nájera as Nurse
- Queta Lavat as Martha
- Ramiro Orci as El Chato
- Tere Grobois as Doña Adelaida
- Ángela Villanueva as Angelina
- Julián Bravo
- Rafael Banquells as Accuser
- Carlos Agostí
- Tony Carbajal as Public Ministry Agent
Since the original, several remakes have been produced under different names:
- La italianita in 1973. Starring Marina Baura and Elio Rubens.
- Rubí rebelde in 1989. Starring Mariela Alcalá and Jaime Araque.
- María Mercedes in 1992. Starring Thalía and Arturo Peniche.
- Inocente de Ti in 2004. Starring Camila Sodi and Valentino Lanús.
- Maria Esperança in 2007. Starring Bárbara Paz and Ricardo Ramory.
- Maria Mercedes (Philippine version) in 2013. Starring Jessy Mendiola and Jake Cuenca.
- Sturm der Liebe (German Soap Opera) in 2015. Starring Magdalena Steinlein and Kai Albrecht.