Richard Hamilton, 4th Viscount Boyne
Richard Hamilton, 4th Viscount Boyne (24 March 1724 – 30 July 1789) was an Irish peer and politician.
He was the younger son of Hon. Gustavus Hamilton, second of Gustavus Hamilton, 1st Viscount Boyne, and his wife Hon. Dorothea Bellew, daughter of Richard Bellew, 3rd Baron Bellew of Duleek. His uncles were Frederick Hamilton and Henry Hamilton. In 1772, he succeeded his older brother Frederick as viscount. He entered the Irish House of Commons in 1755 and sat as Member of Parliament (MP) for Navan until 1761. He was High Sheriff of Meath in 1766.
Hamilton married Georgiana Bury, second daughter of William Bury and his wife Hon. Jane Moore, daughter of John Moore, 1st Baron Moore. They had seventeen children, seven sons and ten daughters. Hamilton died aged 65 and was succeeded in the viscountcy by his oldest son Gustavus.
Gustavus (1749-1816) married Martha Somerville in 1773
Charles (1750-1794) married Unknown Lister in 1785
Catherine (28-aug-1754-1795) married Hugh Montgomery Lyons on 2-feb-1773
Sophia (1769-?) married Henry Henzell and William John Lowe
Anne (1771-1828) married Thomas Craven
- "Leigh Rayment - Peerage". Retrieved 5 May 2009.
- Lodge, John (1789). Mervyn Archdall, ed. The Peerage of Ireland or A Genealogical History of the Present Nobility of that Kingdom. vol. V. Dublin: James Moore. pp. 180–181.
- Lodge, Edmund (1838). The Genealogy of the Existing British Peerage (6th ed.). London: Saunder and Otley. p. 59.
- "Leigh Rayment - Irish House of Commons 1692-1800". Retrieved 5 May 2009.
- "ThePeerage - Richard Hamilton, 4th Viscount Boynet". Retrieved 5 May 2009.
- Debrett, John (1828). Debrett's Peerage of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. vol. II (17th ed.). London: G. Woodfall. p. 766.
|Parliament of Ireland|
|Member of Parliament for Navan
1755 – 1761
With: Nathaniel Preston
| Succeeded by|
|Peerage of Ireland|
1772 – 1789
| Succeeded by|