Rhyddings Business and Enterprise School
|Headteacher||Mr Paul Trickett|
|DfE URN||119721 Tables|
|Students||608 as of January 2015|
Rhyddings Business and Enterprise School (formerly Rhyddings High School) is a mixed secondary school located in Oswaldtwistle in the English county of Lancashire. It is a Community school administered by Lancashire County Council. The school has also been awarded specialist status as a Business and Enterprise College.
The current headteacher is Mr Paul Trickett, whom replaced Mr Barry Burke, who was appointed principal of Manchester Health Academy in July 2008. Mr Burke took over from his predecessor, Mrs Joyce Moore in January 1998. Mrs Moore began as headteacher in 1974, being the first female headteacher at a mixed school in Lancashire.
In December 2013, it was reported that a quarter of teachers faced redundancy, due to more schools fighting for fewer pupils. In January 2016, the school was named one of the 329 Failing Secondary Schools. In June 2014, Trevor Ainsworth, the deputy headteacher, announced his retirement from the school, after spending his entire teaching career in Rhyddings, starting in 1977.
Notable former pupils
- "Oswaldtwistle head's new job". Lancashire Telegraph.
- "New head is happy with a home match". Lancashire Telegraph.
- "Quarter of teachers face redundancy at Rhyddings school in Oswaldtwistle". Lancashire Telegraph.
- "Does Your Child Go To One Of These 329 Failing Secondary Schools?". yahoo.com.
- "Deputy head retiring after 37 years". Accrington Observer. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2016.